New guy here.

targu91

New Around These Parts
Just got sent here from the Carver forum and what a great site! Own a local audio electronic repair business in town and been scrolling Phoenix for a few days and this is right up my alley! Been a Carver, Phase linear, Sunfire and Klipsch owner for many years. I got some Phase Linear 400 projects wanting to get done and finding all kinds of great info.

targu91

New Around These Parts
Someone gave me a new wopl rev. C board. Don't know if it can be or needs to be updated to a rev. E board? Anybody know the differences?

targu91

New Around These Parts
Gotcha. Working on building new crossover for my La scalas (got the dreaded AL) right now and then the wopl.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Someone gave me a new wopl rev. C board. Don't know if it can be or needs to be updated to a rev. E board? Anybody know the differences?
Do you have the board and all the components or just the board? I actually like the sound of the discreet component Rev C boards, but I am old school like that. Lee, (laatsch55) and I assembled White Oak Audio Control Boards before there were any revisions, even those are far, far better than the original Phase Linear control boards. The latest Control Boards from WO are dual mono (Rev G1) and have really taken the PL400 and PL700 to the highest state of the art.

Welcome to our little corner of the PL (and Klipsch) world.

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
Welcome aboard !
I'm a Carver fan !
My father has 2x PL 4000 , a Phase Linear 400 , a PL 700B and a Yamaha system .
I have Carver a C4000 and 2 x M400a ,a Dynaco system and now I'm starting with a Marantz receiver and
a PL 700 system .
Ciao
Marco

targu91

New Around These Parts
Welcome aboard !
I'm a Carver fan !
My father has 2x PL 4000 , a Phase Linear 400 , a PL 700B and a Yamaha system .
I have Carver a C4000 and 2 x M400a ,a Dynaco system and now I'm starting with a Marantz receiver and
a PL 700 system .
Ciao
Marco
Thanks for the welcome!
Currently running two TFM-35x bridged mono, M-1.0t and a AV-705X.