Stephen's WOPL Build

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Ed----the damping factor on the right channel was 1039.6 at 1Khz. Could not get one on the left channel, input was bouncing all over the place, I see what ya meant about that now. Output would not stabilize on the left either, and both channels seemed to lose output continuously for awhile. The right settled enough I felt confident we are close...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Also Ed, input sensitivity was 1.485 volts for full rated output and 1.787 for Clipping at 486, with 1% distortion at clip...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Converted to PDF ... no forced resizing. So this is your dinky JPG simply converted to the portable document format.

View attachment 30595

If you want to test it out further. Use Windows Scan again and up the DPI setting to 300 and then try and upload that file.
The original JPG looks very small in terms of bytes.

Microsoft 'Print to PDF' is a good way to convert stuff like this too if you don't have PDF writer/creator software on your puter.
PDF's always upload nicely through Vbulletin.

Yeah, I think it's a simple matter of the image file being too small to begin with.
Windows Scan defaults to low DPI settings. 100 DPI by default. Because it's a s s !
Force it to scan at 300 and you'll see the image file coming out much bigger ... and then it will upload in a usable size.

Vbulletin will apply a shrink to moderately big images or completely choke if the file is huge.
What Vbulletin doesn't do is scale small images "up" like your picture viewer will do inherently on it's own.
That's why you see the file big when you view it on your puter before you try uploading it to the site.

Vbulletin is just TOO literal when it comes to image handling.
Went to 500dpi, no go...
"Print to pdf", tried searching the computer for that, where is it?

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Frequency Response, 8 Ohm Load, Unweighted , 10 watts out, Graph and Table, Both Channels...
Lee,

Could you provide the same data at rated output(?):
a.) Approx 52.5 volts into an 8 ohm load for 345 watts per channel: 700 series 1 and 700B
OR
b.) Approx. 53.6 volts into an 8 ohm load for 360 watts per channel: 700 series II amp

Even more fun if you drive both channels into a 4 ohm load just prior to clipping. Watch out!!!!!!

Thanks!
Ed

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Lee,

Could you provide the same data at rated output(?):
a.) Approx 52.5 volts into an 8 ohm load for 345 watts per channel: 700 series 1 and 700B
OR
b.) Approx. 53.6 volts into an 8 ohm load for 360 watts per channel: 700 series II amp

Even more fun if you drive both channels into a 4 ohm load just prior to clipping. Watch out!!!!!!

Thanks!
Ed
Will do Ed, max out at 4 ohms is always the LAST test!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
You have the same scope I do, let's figure out how to do rise time and post a pic...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Absolute max out with both channels driven into 4 ohms was 720 watts before I started taking out 15 amp mains fuses. Had 10 amp rail fuses. Could not catch a screen grab to the printer before the fuse went. Tried 3 times.

It should also be noted, the left channel (ch A) had MJ 15024's, and the right channel (chB) had XPL-909's.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
And this is just for shits and giggles....Analyzer set for a 4 ohm load, and NO LOAD on the speaker posts...

Gotta love an analyzer that goes to KILLOWATS!!!

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Frequency Response, At Rated Output, IN WATTS, Left Channel, 8 Ohm Load, One Channel Driven...

What I find interesting about this test, is when represented in watts, it's easier to see just how little rolloff affects the output...easier to relate to in wattage....

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
there must some thing wrong with my computer or me because it looks like you got over 1500 watts per channel @ 4 ohms that is huge I did not think these amps could dubble-down that much

I wander what my 400 is putting out since my speakers are 4 ohms

a 700b wopl a big a$$ 4X4 and a lady to drive said 4X4 are still my list of things before my time is done

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
there must some thing wrong with my computer or me because it looks like you got over 1500 watts per channel @ 4 ohms that is huge I did not think these amps could dubble-down that much

I wander what my 400 is putting out since my speakers are 4 ohms

a 700b wopl a big a$$ 4X4 and a lady to drive said 4X4 are still my list of things before my time is done
The measurement was taken with no load but Lee set the analyzer to take a measurement with a four ohm load - hence the confusion.