Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

Tagline
Retired
It looks like the hit the stock market took a couple of weeks ago is starting to have an effect on the oil futures. Gas prices have dropped 15 cents in the past week to a low of 2.71.9. That's the low for what they call midgrade. Murphy's is generally the leader as the price changes here in the eastern Iowa. Most stations stay pretty close to Murphy's lead except for our one BP station. They always seem to stay at least five to six cents above the price most stations sell for.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
https://www.gasbuddy.com/

Put in zip code hit enter, switch to map and see the local area, expand to see the US. zoom in to see what your friends and family pay in other parts of the US.

It is interesting to see the state differences due to taxes. Proud that PA is the highest in the country. They raised the taxes 10¢ in 13, 15 and 17 to help fix the damn roads. We have some seriously bad bridges, too. But there has been a lot of paving going on lately.

Last edited:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You have to go to Nampa, ID for area gas under $3/gallon near me, in Ontario it's over $3.029, well over in some cases.

Maveriks and Sinclairs (Stinker Stores) tend to have the lowest prices.

PS Maverik is a Wyoming company and Sinclair also has a large presence in Wyoming...so that figures.

Last edited:

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
https://www.gasbuddy.com/

Put in zip code hit enter, switch to map and see the local area, expand to see the US. zoom in to see what your friends and family pay in other parts of the US.

It is interesting to see the state differences due to taxes. Proud that PA is the highest in the country. They raised the taxes 10¢ in 13, 15 and 17 to help fix the damn roads. We have some seriously bad bridges, too. But there has been a lot of paving going on lately.
Whoa red flags on that link, I'm not giving my info out or permission for others to use it for god knows what to anyone, AZ is always cheaper than the rest of the country, I don't drive but pay others to tho.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Don't know if I ever signed up or gave em anything of mine. I'm not paranoid of the world and will probably be hacked by the russians one day but I'm using a bookmark of gasbuddy phila to see what prices I have. But the Costco is a quarter cheaper than the other stations and I don't have to drive the 10 miles to DE to get cheap gas. When they steal my identity, they will only have bills to pay.

gamve

Journeyman
Fuel prices

man you guys winge about $3.00 a gallon (3.785 liters)
Here we are paying $ 1.70 a liter ($ 6.43 AUD a gallon)
It seems every time the oil price per barrel becomes lower
they INCREASE the price here.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
6.43 AUD translates into 4.55 USD. Not much higher than Hawaii's & California's per gallon price. And you guys import a 'boat load' of oil to refine because your domestic production has steadily dropped since the 80's.

Not arguing with your main point - just putting things into perspective. :wink:
I'd imagine there is a big push to go electric or at least buy hybrids on the Great Australian continent.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
According to the papers here Oregon has some of the highest prices in the nation.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
6.43 AUD translates into 4.55 USD. Not much higher than Hawaii's & California's per gallon price. And you guys import a 'boat load' of oil to refine because your domestic production has steadily dropped since the 80's.

Not arguing with your main point - just putting things into perspective. :wink:
I'd imagine there is a big push to go electric or at least buy hybrids on the Great Australian continent.

They are also a major LNG expoeter...

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
$2.95 here, I have not noticed any drop in price. Been the same price for last 5-6 months

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP

Hi Graham!! :hello2:, so very nice to hear from ya, hope your spring and summer will be awesome, running hot and cold up here in Arizona.

Is that lovely Holden supercharged V6 still being sold down there? GM USA killed the Pontiac division so our version, the GTO went bye-bye, great little engine, nice mpg and plenty of grunt, https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...1145F219EA821BC0F7271145F219EA821BC&FORM=VIRE

don't be a stranger,

Craig

BlazeES

Tagline
---
OK, so were starting to see an old set of trends reappearing ... prices at the pump heading downward just before the Holidays

AND

The stock markets doing this

... while the price of crude on the futures market is doing this

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Damn Tony....a guy can afford to drive in your country...
Damn straight !
I can routinely go 93 octane in the beast between $2.79 and 2.99 ... before discounts applied of at least 10 cents - like for Shell or Big Red/Valero discount cards.

Driving is fun again.

Cali up by the old stomping grounds is scraping nearly $4/gallon for regular unleaded. LMAO
Good riddance !

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I think our local was 2.35 today. And oil prices are still good enough for me. mID SIXTIES is great for everybody...