Meter lenses, dark to transparent?

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Was I hallucinating one night, or did someone come up with a way to strip the tint off of the meter plastic lenses? I got my loaner back from Aaron the other day, and it reminded me with the blue LED's not quite the way I want em to be.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Maybe, but take a look here.. I've circled two places where it would seem the tint has come off i.e. no tint. I can't quite recall where I've read someone actually was able to strip the tint off completely. I think??

A little difficult to see, but trust me.. two lighter areas are there if you see em in person. :scratch:

IMG_3778.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Was I hallucinating one night, or did someone come up with a way to strip the tint off of the meter plastic lenses? I got my loaner back from Aaron the other day, and it reminded me with the blue LED's not quite the way I want em to be.
Paint em black. Stevie Wonder don't need no stinkin eye candy......:rr:

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Not too long ago I posted about tinted meter lenses on a 400. A new lighting board with blue LED's gave the meters a dim, sickly appearance but bright white LED's made them look normal. The thought never occurred that the dark tinting was an applique, it seems more likely that the plastic is itself colored. Personally I am not partial to blue illumination and prefer white. If for no other reason than it's easier for me to see.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Hee hee..

Well if there is a way, I sure as heck am not going to experiment with what I have. I do have another un-wopl'd 400 I bought a few months back with clear lenses, so whenever that "round 'tuit" comes again .. :toothy3: