Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Wishin' on a falling star
Watchin' for the early train
Sorry boy, but I've been hit by
Purple rain
Aw, come on Joe, you can always
Change your name
Thanks a lot, son, just the same

I might be slow but I was trying to beat deadlines on getting a bike done to ride tomorrow for my birthday and I just got my nephew's first PC out the door with him after mom and his family came over and we had a birthday picnic. The young man was pretty impressed with a 12 year old, $10 MPC Core2 Duo 1.86 GHz, 4 GB PC2-6400U and no added cards, built in VGA and DVI. He even got his own monitor (hey wait, I gave all that stuff to him last year)! I even found a really cool wallpaper with his name all techlike and a rainbow pattern like Star Trek and demonstrated it with America's Got Talent.

I set it up fresh so I could keep my own installation for another computer.

So I am slow and haven't listened as much as I'd like, but my Patrick Moraz LP came a couple or three daze ago...

Last edited:

speakerlabfan

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Various Artists - Silver Meteor / A Progressive Country Anthology
(1980, Sierra/Briar)

a clearance bin find last week. cool compilation, starts off with four Clarence White tracks.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Elton John ~ 'All the Girls Love Alice' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eyjBBcUO9k

I'd forgotten how wonderful this sounds, kudo'd to Gus Dungeon on production, the soundstage is unfreakin'real :rr:

Best band Sir John ever had, Dee Murray (R.I.P) on bass, Davey Johnstone on guitars, Nigel Olsson on drums...side note, after this recording and the follow up "Caribo", Alice Cooper stole them for his equally brilliant "Welcome to My Nightmare"...

Ray Cooper on tambourine on this song, takes that to another level, he's all over the stage and the recording nails it!!

And yes, that's Kiki Dee on backup vocals :notworthy:

Last edited:

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
The Beatles - Rarities
(1980, Capitol)

I suffer from overexposure to most of the early songs on side 1 so even these alternate cuts are old hat ....but it's such incredibly great music. includes a German lang version of She Loves You. The US Capitol release - Something New Something New included a German lang version of I Want To Hold Your Hand - I heard that at an early age.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Yeah...I wondered if that cellist was going to attack :) Wonderful!

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Found two yesterday. Was not looking for them, they just appeared before me and both. Jackets VG to NM and vinyl is perfect.

Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill - 1974.
Never owned one of their recordings and may never have heard anything by them. All I knew was that Lemmy was in the band for a while until he got for nailed on a drug charge. Lemmy is bass and does vocals on this LP but I would never have known. Still digesting this one.

IMG_3347.jpg

Ken Hensley - Proud Words on a Dusty Shelf - 1972
Beautiful gatefold sleeve and I love this record. I was a big Uriah Heep fan so it's no surprise since Gary Thain and Lee Kerslake play on it.

IMG_3348.jpg IMG_3349.jpg IMG_3350.jpg