Power switch tail II

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I would imagine as a inline turn on switch since the 400s don't have a power button. A surge protector power strip would work just as well plus add the benefit of surge protection

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Was considering these for my HT system to turn on 2 PL400's since they do not have power switches. I have an Acurus ACT3 surround premamp that has a 5vDC out switch port.

They could be be used for fans also, would need to add an additional heat switch that would be pretty trick great idea.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Was considering these for my HT system to turn on 2 PL400's since they do not have power switches. I have an Acurus ACT3 surround premamp that has a 5vDC out switch port.

They could be be used for fans also, would need to add an additional heat switch that would be pretty trick great idea.
Make sure they are relay based rather than thyristor based (SSR). Relays are old school but do a better job with audio equipment.

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
How the heck are they making money at that consumer price? Looks like a lot of parts if you had to build an identical one?
They're not. It's a new type of war. They're killing our economy. And it's a war I'm afraid we already lost.
Also, if any of you guys download movies and music illegally from the torrent sites, a lot of that stuff comes by way of Cina.

Last edited:

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Make sure they are relay based rather than thyristor based (SSR). Relays are old school but do a better job with audio equipment.

They have both types but this particular one "Powerswitch tail II" uses a relay. Also available in kit form.

• AC input: NEMA 5-15P Plug, standard 120vac with ground.
  • AC output: NEMA 5-15R Receptacle, standard 120vac with ground.
  • Switching capacity: 15amps @ 120vac.
  • Relay contact configuration: 1C, can be rewired for normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC) operation.
  • Life expectancy: 100,000 operations @ 15 amps, 125vac, resistive
  • DC input: 3-12vdc (3-30ma), terminal block accepts #30-14 AWG wire.
  • Operate times: 15 ms max actuate, 10 ms max release.
  • DC to ac circuit isolation: 5300Vrms.
  • Indicator: LED indicates when dc side is energized.
  • Protection: AC side protected with 150vac MOV; DC side is transient free.
  • Mounting: Two #6 screws on 2" x 2.5" grid.
  • Indoor use only.

Attachments