How much do you love your VINYL???

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
This is the craziest thing I've heard (today anyway)............

Is there life after death? Do you believe vinyl is here to stay and will survive forever? If you're a true vinyl lover the answer is YES! If so, let me introduce you to And Vinyly, the “perfect resting place for vinyl loversâ€. And vinyly is a Company, apparently based in the UK, that presses your ashes into a vinyl recording, together with your favourite music, messages, and last will and testament!
This service can be as basic as it gets i.e. no music, just the pops and surface noise generated by your ashes pressed in the LP or can be custom tailored to satisfy all your needs: from fancy LP covers to vinyl distribution worldwide. You can have your ashes spinning worldwide on audiophile turntables equipped with Mortofon cartridges (see pic on the And Vinyly website!), perhaps even at HiFi Shows, if you choose some good audiophile track to be recorded.
The basic package included 30 copies of your “final†LP, with LP cover and labels, all for 3000 UKP. Not sure which kind of music to press? You might decide to have some “personal†track written just for you and then pressed in the post-mortem LP, but please note that each new track will cost you an additional 500 UKP.
If you don't like the idea of being cremated, you can decide to “store†just one body part (you decide! Size doesn't matter, right?), cremate that and build your LP with the resulting ashes. The “service†is also available for pets (costs are the same, though). The website also sells records (“Death to vinyl recordsâ€) and merchandising (T-shirts etc.). The most hilarious section of the And Vinyly website are the following “10 steps to immortalityâ€...do not forget step 6, of course!!!

http://www.andvinyly.com/

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
This is right up my alley!! Side 1 will have "After the Gold Rush", the trio version...Dolly, Linda and Emmylou :thumbright: and some stuff I haven't decided yet.

Side 2 will be on skip repeat, my voice saying 'I told ya I was Sick' :iconbiggrin:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Can you imagine what the ashes do to your cartridges/stylus on the ol turntable? Course, if you are dead, who cares? Most likely, whomever inherits the turntable will not take care of it anyway.

Tagline
---
while i have to admit i don't spin LPs often, i was actually amazed how well they sounded on my current setup when i spun a few some days back
while "Grinding" for items and such on one of my recent SONY PS4 role playing games...

1975 PIONEER PL-112D with AUDIO TECHNICA PRO11E CART/STYLI probably one of the better entry-level vintage TT/CART combos out there;

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
while i have to admit i don't spin LPs often, i was actually amazed how well they sounded on my current setup when i spun a few some days back
while "Grinding" for items and such on one of my recent SONY PS4 role playing games...

1975 PIONEER PL-112D with AUDIO TECHNICA PRO11E CART/STYLI probably one of the better entry-level vintage TT/CART combos out there;

SO you are going to be cremated and put you ashes into an album????

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
No...

I intend to leave myself for the grey aliens to use as a parts unit...

If they'll only stop getting drunk on Ganymede and crashing their asses in New Mexico.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
What a wacked idea having your cremated ashes pressed into vinyl. Will playing the LP backwards bring me back to life?

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Better yet: Will playing it backwards at 78 rpm bring back a previous reincarnation?

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
I had a deep discussion with Geri tonight about funeral arrangements. I wanted to have my remains cremated...after I am dead, of course. So, after about a good hour talking about this emotional topic (with a little bit of crying), I decided to begin looking at various sleeves for my Dead Wax LP. I don't want to be a financial burden on my family, so I am going to pre-arrange as much as I can before my death. I've been looking on-line at various sleeves from least expensive to utter extravagance.

TYPE 1:

TYPE II:

TYPE III:

TYPE IV:

Right now, I am thinking I will go with the TYPE IV sleeve. I think I deserve at least this much when I leave this world. Here is the description:

"The luxurious feel of MoFi sleeves gets me every time. These three-ply high-density polyethylene sleeves feel more like a satin pillow for your vinyl. Nothing feels more right for a disc and if you can settle yourself on the cost, your vinyl will thank you.

Nando.

Last edited:

NavLinear

I had a deep discussion with Geri tonight about funeral arrangements. I wanted to have my remains cremated...after I am dead, of course. So, after about a good hour talking about this emotional topic (with a little bit of crying), I decided to begin looking at various sleeves for my Dead Wax LP. I don't want to be a financial burden on my family, so I am going to pre-arrange as much as I can before my death. I've been looking on-line at various sleeves from least expensive to utter extravagance.

TYPE 1:

TYPE II:

TYPE III:

TYPE IV:

Right now, I am thinking I will go with the TYPE IV sleeve. I think I deserve at least this much when I leave this world. Here is the description:

"The luxurious feel of MoFi sleeves gets me every time. These three-ply high-density polyethylene sleeves feel more like a satin pillow for your vinyl. Nothing feels more right for a disc and if you can settle yourself on the cost, your vinyl will thank you.

Nando.
:shaking: :angel8: :laughing3: Too funny!

That reminds me of fur lined underwear.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Thanks, guys. I am more than happy to bring some levity to this serious topic. It's enlightening to see a few of you have already considered a few sleeves for your "Farewell 45."

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
What a wacked idea having your cremated ashes pressed into vinyl. Will playing the LP backwards bring me back to life?

Nando.
No, but your truck will be restored and your late dog will wag his tail again.