Somebody Was Looking For A Kit????????

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm thinking that while building one might be 'fun' I could find a good pre already built and read to go, or break up a receiver with tuner/amp problems otherwise.

Tagline
---
It looks ok... to me it looks designed in the 80's or 90's (aesthetically). I also would much prefer the look of a rotary switch than the input indicator and selector they have going on. I think it would be a lot cooler in something matching the look of the PL faceplates, maybe using the PL knobs and buttons.

I'm still holding out hope for a WOPL 2000:D

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep, too many Joe.. I happened upon that from Stephen and thought.i would post it. Seems a bit pricey and the distortion specs are documented in a way I'm not familiar with .....

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Have to ask in anyone's humble "opinion" only.
Of the PL preamps which one is the most desirable to be paired with a WOPL based on clarity, warmth, reliability and the ability to be upgraded. I understand this question is very obejective.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
PL 3300Ser II, PL-P3600,3800

The 3600, and 3800 have great phonograph stages, the 3300 ain't bad either....

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
Thanks Lee....in your experience what else is a good preamp match for a WOPL 700, vintage or even more modern? Looking for suggestions and option from the experts here. I just got my 2 "packages" from Perry yesterday and time to expierment with setups. My current options are:
PL4000 series ii
NAD 7000 monitor series receiver (preamp section)
NAD 3300 monitor integrated amp
NAD 304 integrated amp

i see a lot of people run a Carver preamp around here also.

any suggestions are always appreciated!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
My favorite is the Acurus L-11, R-11, LS-11 all good, no phono section though. I have a Spec 1 that I adore and one of these days markthefixer will come up with a fix for the terrible phase shift at low volume. With what you have invested in amps a really good pre is needed to take advantage of your amps...

Do you need a phono section??

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
Thanks Fishoz, got it in my watch list.....what's a "good deal" on one?

Lee,

thanks for for the info, not needing a phono section at this time but eventually. Just getting back into the hobbie since I put my PL400's into storage back in the 90's so I have some "rebuilding to do". Just been running a "mid-fi" system for the past years (the NAD Stuff in a home theatre setup) but felt it was time to "invest" a little back into a nicer system. In order of priority:

preamp
loudspeakers
dbx expander
turntable

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I'd say get in touch with seller and offer $250-300 to buy it now. He still has over a week and that's probable what he expects to get out of it...play the game.

NavLinear

Are you a subscriber to AK? If so an Acurus L10 is listed there. His first post was the 7th of August and he bumped it on the 7th of September for $305 plus $10 for shipping. I suspect he would be willing to come down a bit to get it sold assuming he still has it. I copied his photos and attached them below.

Attachments

NavLinear

My favorite is the Acurus L-11, R-11, LS-11 all good, no phono section though. I have a Spec 1 that I adore and one of these days markthefixer will come up with a fix for the terrible phase shift at low volume. With what you have invested in amps a really good pre is needed to take advantage of your amps...

Do you need a phono section??
I'd add the L10 to the list.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
Fishoz, I messaged the guy on EBay, your right never hurts to play the game!

Nav, yeah I am on AK but don't spend any time over there. Thanks for the heads up and the copy and paste pics......I will go check it out!

NavLinear

Fishoz, I messaged the guy on EBay, your right never hurts to play the game!

Nav, yeah I am on AK but don't spend any time over there. Thanks for the heads up and the copy and paste pics......I will go check it out!
It's best if you use the search feature in BT - upper right hand corner. This post is buried way deep in the Equipment Forum.