Ron's Beast

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
It sounds like this is coming together quickly Perry and it's looking good. This is really nice of you Perry and I know that Ron is happy. I can't wait to hear Ron talk about his baby after he has pushed the gas pedal a few times.

I do have a couple of questions for you. What paint do you use - the chassis and transformer covers look real nice after you've gone over them. Where did you find the push button replacements for the power and display buttons? I need to replace a missing one and it seems you've found a source.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
NICE OF ME? I couldn't have done this without your help Navo, you sent me a bunch of parts for Ron's build and I know he would do the same for us if we were not able to get one.

Any old paint will work, it's the prep! And the key is a self etching primer. My fingers hurt after doing a couple but they come out pretty good. These Clair's were pretty crusty but they clean up NICE.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Push buttons are impossible to find. I'm going to be short a few by the time I start my 4 amps for my collection. You were talking about the little rectangular buttons right?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Ron, fuses were too expensive so I made you a set out of desiccated poodle turds and some gum wrappers.... frugal is the word of the day... :)

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Progress report: Gotta clean the backplane and adjust the wiring, it's pretty much complete. Front panel needs some work, getting there. Ron's amp is so bad ass, it's got 3 control boards....

Rons amp 005.jpg

I did this Transformer cover in a textured paint, it looks better in person.

Rons amp 002.jpg

Rons amp 003.jpg

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
YEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKKKIINNNNNN HAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks you Perry and Dennis for this, I will do ya proud as I have a Masters in Crankology!!!

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Three-way control, Ron! You and Navo like that I think...:happy2:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
YEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKKKIINNNNNN HAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks you Perry and Dennis for this, I will do ya proud as I have a Masters in Crankology!!!
Don't blow it up, Parts are hard to come by..... (Just Kidding, you won't blow this up, your speakers will explode first).

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
It sounds like this is coming together quickly Perry and it's looking good. This is really nice of you Perry and I know that Ron is happy. I can't wait to hear Ron talk about his baby after he has pushed the gas pedal a few times.

I do have a couple of questions for you. What paint do you use - the chassis and transformer covers look real nice after you've gone over them. Where did you find the push button replacements for the power and display buttons? I need to replace a missing one and it seems you've found a source.
Hi Dennis
i will send you a couple buttons with the meter board.

I have had a color match done against the phase case. It is a mat to semi gloss speed enamel. I will see if it has a code you can take to your paint store.

have a look

Attachments

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Progress report: Gotta clean the backplane and adjust the wiring, it's pretty much complete. Front panel needs some work, getting there. Ron's amp is so bad ass, it's got 3 control boards....

See, Ron's beast is gonna rock with 3 Control boards... May have trouble getting the front panel assembly installed but hey, that's what Duct Tape is for... :)

3 control bds 001.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Well Ron, She's alive.... I'll be rocking the house tomorrow. She's warming up right now. just need to do a little cleaning and install some sort of faceplate... LOL

Ron DBT 003.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Well, Hell...It's a good goddamn thing you cant stack em up. I can't even find the time or funds to single beast my 400....yet.... :whax::whdat::diabloanifire:
Ya see, Ron has helped numerous ol ladies across the street (whether they wanted to go or not)., He's helped the blind to see (well, he did poke their eyes out), he's leaped tall buildings in a single bound (the buildings were underground). We plan on nominating him for sainthood.... He's just an all around sweetheart.....