what are you listening to?

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
'The Beatles The Collection'

'Help'

H.jpg

This new AT 150MLX cartridge is freaking spectacular !

And I'm doing something for the very first time on these listening events,
I'm using my AT 6012 LP brush to do some light-duty clean up.
Have always been leery about touching these grooves with any type of cleaning solution.

Last edited:

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Cilla Black - Is It Love?
(1965, Capitol) MONO

love this clip of Cilla performing with John & Paul (their song) on a '65 UK show. This and others could easily have been on a Bond film soundtrack.

[video=youtube;5T2DERNmLP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T2DERNmLP0[/video]

BlazeES

Tagline
---
'The Beatles The Collection'

'Rubber Soul'

RS.jpg

20141225_102407.jpg

That's it for this morning.
Will head into the psychedelic period starting this evening ...

Keep groovin brothers and sisters and
Merry Christmas !

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
These were my childhood friends growing up, we had a lot of good times and played downstairs at Jack's house as a makeshift studio/practice hall. I just found out today that Jerry (the bass player) passed away Dec 12. Crying my eyes out, they were more family to me then my own family

Stuff like this makes you realize that the friends you make in life you need to cherish and stay in contact with because they can be gone tomorrow. He was only 52

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mfi7tQZ-ZhU" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
spinning some 45's...

Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns and Money (1978, Elektra Asylum) WLP, MONO (b/w Stereo)

The Doors - Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship (1967, Elektra)

The Doors - Love Her Madly b/w (You Need Meat) Don't Go No Further (1971, Elektra)

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
These were my childhood friends growing up, we had a lot of good times and played downstairs at Jack's house as a makeshift studio/practice hall. I just found out today that Jerry (the bass player) passed away Dec 12. Crying my eyes out, they were more family to me then my own family

Stuff like this makes you realize that the friends you make in life you need to cherish and stay in contact with because they can be gone tomorrow. He was only 52
Sorry to hear of your loss Ron. Yep grateful for the time we have with friends and family, and for every day of good health.

Last edited:

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Ian Hunter - All-American Alien Boy
(1976, Columbia) WLP Promo

Jaco Pastorius, Aynsley Dunbar, even Brian May on background vocals. with Hunter's vocals it sounds like another Mott The Hoople album.

Nick Danger

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mfi7tQZ-ZhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
So sorry to hear about your loss, Ron.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
That's tough news to hear Ron, especially, at this time of the year. I, too, get forgetful at times about some of my childhood friends, except for two of my best friends who I always keep in touch with. We just take it for granted there will be another time down the road to talk to them. That's not always the case.

Condolences go out to you and all of Jerry's friends and family.

Nando.