The Black Knight

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Got me an idea here fellers....let's settle up on some boundaries for the BN....I'm thinkin the BN should be accessible for everyone to post with.He should be used to pounce on all things ridiculous and cork-sniffer in nature and to call attention to the sublime as well as point out the foibles of mankind...whatcha think??

I don't believe any other forum has such a thing...the log in for the BN can be by permission only and if it gets abused or used in a pure personal attack it will be banned..now if we're cool about this it can be a lot of fun and I'm sure there are things to fogure out along the way....now personal attack is the objective I know...but kept to a humorous conotation should be lots of fun....

Addotional input needed...begin fellers..

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I have to say....this whole Black Knight thing has really gotten out of control here. I love it. Sounds like a funny idea Lee.

The Black Knight

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Remember keep a leg up on the Luxmans
the black knight

got me an idea hith'r fell'rs. . . . leteth's settleth up on some boundaries f'r the bn. . . . i'm thinkin the bn shouldst be accessible f'r ev'ryone to posteth with. he shouldst be us'd to pounce on all things ridiculous and crotch-sniff'r in nature and to calleth attention to the sublime as well as pointeth out the foibles of mankind. . . whatcha thinketh??

i don't believe any oth'r f'rum hath such a thing. . . the logeth in f'r the bn can be by p'rmission only and if it gets abus'd 'r us'd in a pure p'rsonal attacketh it will be bann'd. . anon if we're cool about this it can be a lot of fun and i'm sure thith'r art things to fogure out along the way. . . . anon p'rsonal attacketh is the objective i knoweth. . . but kepteth to a hum'rous conotation shouldst be lots of fun. . . .
addotional inputeth need'd. . . begineth fell'rs. .

What Say'eth you? So?

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Bingo, the anonymous voice of reason and humor

We do that on the Dean Guitars Forum actually, we Mods have a shared identity called "The Mod Squad" who jumps when needed for good and bad and is used purely objectively, never abused

It should be fun, I welcome The Black Knight wholeheartedly, glad to get him out of my head anyway :laughing5:. He is much bigger then the purpose he was intended for as my alter ego

I like the idea Lee but the Knight should never be banned, he is a tool of good. The IP address of the offender should be held culpable. The Knight has a mighty Warhammer to follow through on the verdict of The Council of Elders :laughing5:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
What Say'eth you? So?

os yas'hte

ʇɥǝ qןɐɔʞ ʞuıƃɥʇ

ƃoʇ ɯǝ ɐu ıpǝɐ ɥıʇɥ,ɹ ɟǝןן,ɹs˙ ˙ ˙ ˙ ןǝʇǝʇɥ,s sǝʇʇןǝʇɥ nd ou soɯǝ qonupɐɹıǝs ɟ,ɹ ʇɥǝ qu˙ ˙ ˙ ˙ ı,ɯ ʇɥıuʞıu ʇɥǝ qu sɥonןpsʇ qǝ ɐɔɔǝssıqןǝ ɟ,ɹ ǝʌ,ɹʎouǝ ʇo dosʇǝʇɥ ʍıʇɥ˙ ɥǝ sɥonןpsʇ qǝ ns,p ʇo donuɔǝ ou ɐןן ʇɥıuƃs ɹıpıɔnןons ɐup ɔɹoʇɔɥ-suıɟɟ,ɹ ıu uɐʇnɹǝ ɐup ʇo ɔɐןןǝʇɥ ɐʇʇǝuʇıou ʇo ʇɥǝ snqןıɯǝ ɐs ʍǝןן ɐs doıuʇǝʇɥ onʇ ʇɥǝ ɟoıqןǝs oɟ ɯɐuʞıup˙ ˙ ˙ ʍɥɐʇɔɥɐ ʇɥıuʞǝʇɥ¿¿

ı pou,ʇ qǝןıǝʌǝ ɐuʎ oʇɥ,ɹ ɟ,ɹnɯ ɥɐʇɥ snɔɥ ɐ ʇɥıuƃ˙ ˙ ˙ ʇɥǝ ןoƃǝʇɥ ıu ɟ,ɹ ʇɥǝ qu ɔɐu qǝ qʎ d,ɹɯıssıou ouןʎ ɐup ıɟ ıʇ ƃǝʇs ɐqns,p ,ɹ ns,p ıu ɐ dnɹǝ d,ɹsouɐן ɐʇʇɐɔʞǝʇɥ ıʇ ʍıןן qǝ qɐuu,p˙ ˙ ɐuou ıɟ ʍǝ,ɹǝ ɔooן ɐqonʇ ʇɥıs ıʇ ɔɐu qǝ ɐ ןoʇ oɟ ɟnu ɐup ı,ɯ snɹǝ ʇɥıʇɥ,ɹ ɐɹʇ ʇɥıuƃs ʇo ɟoƃnɹǝ onʇ ɐןouƃ ʇɥǝ ʍɐʎ˙ ˙ ˙ ˙ ɐuou d,ɹsouɐן ɐʇʇɐɔʞǝʇɥ ıs ʇɥǝ oqɾǝɔʇıʌǝ ı ʞuoʍǝʇɥ˙ ˙ ˙ qnʇ ʞǝdʇǝʇɥ ʇo ɐ ɥnɯ,ɹons ɔouoʇɐʇıou sɥonןpsʇ qǝ ןoʇs oɟ ɟnu˙ ˙ ˙ ˙
ɐppoʇıouɐן ıudnʇǝʇɥ uǝǝp,p˙ ˙ ˙ qǝƃıuǝʇɥ ɟǝןן,ɹs˙ ˙

Huh?:roll:

premiumplus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Stuck in the 70's
It really depends on how it's set up for use.
I'm thinking out loud here...This could either be fun or it could create bad feelings and suspicion. I mean, if you notice a BK post that appears to be written in the style of a certain member...say that that member habitually mis-spells certain words, or uses punctuation in a certain way...and that is picked up by the person who is feeling attacked...it could become a troller's paradise. I could adopt mis-spelling or punctuation use as a shield.

The internet is a strange place...this could open up a great big nasty 'ol can of worms. Or it could be lots of fun.

Northwinds

Tagline
Since it would be by invitation only per Lee, I would say there would have to be mandatory requirements to meet the trust criteria. I see that as a nonissue if say one requirement is that you be a positively contributing member for a period of at least 6 months. It could be a "privilege" to be earned but in the end, the Mods would also use their own judgment for who has access

Also, attacking people directly in a negative manner would be inappropriate for The Knight. He is an objective tool of good IMO (unless done strictly in fun which we already do). Luckily, we don't have any asshole members (at least that I am aware of) though we will all have our little moments

It would be kind of like the Snickers commercial but not (your not being yourself so eat this mailed fist knave :laughing5:)

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
It really depends on how it's set up for use.
I'm thinking out loud here...This could either be fun or it could create bad feelings and suspicion. I mean, if you notice a BK post that appears to be written in the style of a certain member...say that that member habitually mis-spells certain words, or uses punctuation in a certain way...and that is picked up by the person who is feeling attacked...it could become a troller's paradise. I could adopt mis-spelling or punctuation use as a shield.

The internet is a strange place...this could open up a great big nasty 'ol can of worms. Or it could be lots of fun.
What r u saying? I can't spell or punctuate right??? Lmfao just messing with ya. I'd be the first person called out! Because I use periods and exclamation points wherever.. :director:

Northwinds

Tagline
What r u saying? I can't spell or punctuate right??? Lmfao just messing with ya. I'd be the first person called out! Because I use periods and exclamation points wherever.. :director:
I would just chalk it up to The Knight spinning in the Mental Vortex of Enlightenment

Northwinds

Tagline
Wait until Mike Lemke joins :iconbiggrin: he would be dumbstruck when the Knight comes a callin'

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
One way to keep folks from figuring out who posted a particular entry as BN is to use proper language and punctuation as well as not posting like you use just your thumbs to type. Without misspellings and bad punctuation it would be harder to tell who made the post. Using a spell checker would help with the misspellings but I don't know if there is some software to use while posting that can change a sentence ending ... to a single period and two spaces. To further complicate the determination, post each sentence on a separate line. Some here post in one block of text some post in sentences and some post paragraphs. BN could become clandestine if everyone using that account would post the same way.

But that isn't going to happen, to much individuality to allow it.

Whatever, I'm in if this is a go. Just gotta wait to be approved.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Dudes, I'm only Rebel Elf for Christmas stuff and Radio Abby on TH when something gets ridiculous...

I miss Bug and 'Jani' didn't hang around much...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well it seems like this could get off the ground. We'll leave the suggestion period open for a couple days so everyone has a chance to weigh in. To make the approval process less subjective....if your an asshole and always have been...i guess you'll get permission too...until such time as it's jerked....say like anybody who has been here long enough to be known to most members and laughs at Nav's siggie instead of puffs up......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
One way to keep folks from figuring out who posted a particular entry as BN is to use proper language and punctuation as well as not posting like you use just your thumbs to type. Without misspellings and bad punctuation it would be harder to tell who made the post. Using a spell checker would help with the misspellings but I don't know if there is some software to use while posting that can change a sentence ending ... to a single period and two spaces. To further complicate the determination, post each sentence on a separate line. Some here post in one block of text some post in sentences and some post paragraphs. BN could become clandestine if everyone using that account would post the same way.

But that isn't going to happen, to much individuality to allow it.

Whatever, I'm in if this is a go. Just gotta wait to be approved.
I don't use my thinmbs to type but they damn sure get in the way occasionally...

Northwinds

Tagline
Nice

The thing to avoid is that ( I am sure there will be times) when a few brothers want to have some fun ribbing each other. It's important that TBN must never appear to argue with himself, his credibility must be kept intact somewhat :laughing5:

TBN should never use parenthesis within sentences (or I am exposed should I be given permissions) LMFAO

Thee's Thou's Ye's with plenty of 'eths etc... eloquence required at all times when in use. That way anonymous dialects will appear making guessing identities harder RLMFAO

Last edited:

premiumplus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Stuck in the 70's
Good points all...I think if it could work anywhere, this is the place.
Like I said earlier, I was just thinking out loud. Years of being a Failure Analysis Engineer in the automotive industry have left their not-so-positive marks on me, I'm afraid.

Long live the Black Knight!