Anybidy got Schiit in their system?

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
Anybody got Schiit in their system?

I may be gettin' close to pulling the trigger on an entry- level DAC and wanted to know if any of you have had experience with the Schiit Modi or Bifrost?

Last edited:

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
I may be gettin' close to pulling the trigger on an entry- level DAC and wanted to know if any of you have had experience with the Schiit Modi or Bifrost?
No personally I have not heard it. Have read a lot of good things. But out of the 4 under 500$ I've tried the peachtree dac-itx is by far the best I've used. The Cambridge dac plus was a big let down for sure.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
They always told us to keep the beer off the jukebox so Schlitz wouldn't get in there...

But it was too late, Don Schlitz wrote a lot of the songs.

Nick Danger

the Schiit always get good reviews. havent heard any, but would like to try them out at home.
Return policy is a nice thing, too. I have listened to several of their offerings at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest over the last couple of years and have thought that I might take the chance on an in- home audition.

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
Return policy is a nice thing, too. I have listened to several of their offerings at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest over the last couple of years and have thought that I might take the chance on an in- home audition.
Yeah I got mine through crutchfield for same reason. 60 day return policy!!

orange

Tagline
If you've ever seen my place you know I can't find Schiit much less return it...

orange

Tagline
If Laz had any Shiit he's be fixing and modding it all the time like the rest of us.

orange

Tagline
I don't have any genuine Shiit hooked up to be honest.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Schiit Mani

OK - a buddy brought over his new Schiit Mani Phono Pre the other day just to compare to my Cambridge. Have to admit for what it cost it is a nice little pre. Yes there was a difference, a bit lacking on the bass but not muddled. Handled the mids very distinctly, a lot of detail. The highs were a bit bright but again detailed. I probably would have been happy throwing this on my system at first without hearing the Cambridge but I do like the Cambridge a bit more. For the money I would say the Mani is a good bet. You do have to play with the switches a bit depending on your cartridge, had to crank it to about one o'clock to reach the listening level at 11:00 on the Cambridge...not sure why.

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
OK - a buddy brought over his new Schiit Mani Phono Pre the other day just to compare to my Cambridge. Have to admit for what it cost it is a nice little pre. Yes there was a difference, a bit lacking on the bass but not muddled. Handled the mids very distinctly, a lot of detail. The highs were a bit bright but again detailed. I probably would have been happy throwing this on my system at first without hearing the Cambridge but I do like the Cambridge a bit more. For the money I would say the Mani is a good bet. You do have to play with the switches a bit depending on your cartridge, had to crank it to about one o'clock to reach the listening level at 11:00 on the Cambridge...not sure why.
I had the same issue when I got my Mani. Fiddled with the switches some and got the gain boosted to the next level. My rooms a fairly damp (not bright) environment so it's working good for me in there. Tuff to beat for the price!!