Yamaha YP-B2 TT

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Offering this Yamaha YP-B2 TT w/ B&O MMC 20S cartridge. In good shape. the little clip that secures the tonearm seems to be missing, though. Bang and Olufsen cartridge in good condition and includes adapter. Asking $200

Just bought it. Man I need to stay off these forums. Couldn't pass it up. I hope the cart is good. It is matched and sealed No stylus replacement. Is 200.00 to much. I can't find one for sale. 1st S arm and non-Micro I have bought for my collection.

http://vintagesound-vintagesound.blogspot.com/2011/02/yamaha-yp-b2-turntable.html

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I had one of these and nearly destroyed a record with it. The tonearm drops like a stone :shock:. Other then that, its a decent entry level turntable that is pleasing to the eye. Address the tonearm dampening and it should last a longtime. The cart is ok, weak on the treble end but has the typical B&O warmth. Personally, I would off that cart to pay for the turntable and get a decent Shure for it

speakerman1

Tagline
Cart arrived damaged?

You need a platter for it?
Damaged isn't the word. Part is still connected to the arm the body isn't. Found one screw, the body, a shim and no nuts and silver piece.. No I have the platter. I broke my glasses waiting for my new ones so I can see better. I can see the internal connections. I have never seen a cart apart like this one. Maybe I'm losing my mind.

Northwinds

Tagline
I have a Signet cart posted for cheap if that will help you get this going. That bites though that your cart is shattered!

Northwinds

Tagline
That Shure M97xe is similiar to a V15 right? What are you looking to get for it?

BubbaH

Tagline
---
I have a few carts.... Shure M44-7, and a Pickering NP/AC both high output carts, Astatic MF200 Shibata, Shure M70B, Ortofon OM20 and a 2M Red. Looking to try out a 2M Blue at some point along with the M97XE.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
When I got all those turntables at the ranch sale most have carts, guess i should see what they are, maybe there's some sleepers bolted up..

Northwinds

Tagline
Lee, in all honesty, any MM/MC cart is good as long as the stylus is good LOL. I know people say they can hear differences and I hear them to but it gets to the point that being that critical starts taking the enjoyment away from the listening. We all graduated to better carts but our stereos sounded fine with lesser examples when we were younger. I find some lps sound better with other carts then what I am using. When it get's to the point when I feel I have to change a cart to hear a certain album. I draw the line. And no way I want one of those two arm setup tables either (no disrespect to those that like them of course). I also feel no need to have another TT setup. I have heard a few really shitty carts but I think it's more the system they were used on or a worn stylus. No name stuff and low compliance I run screaming from though LOL

I find the V15's work well with my PL-550, that's why I use them

I have ADC QLM30 mkIII, Ortofon OM10, Ortofon MM100 and Ortofon MC100 (The Ortofon 100 series carts are saved for something REALLY nice someday) also and probably a few others needing stylus' LOL

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
I have two with SAS Jico's and another with a NOS Super Track. They all sound great but lately, I have been running one that I pulled the Super Track out of and put in the unused replacement stylus I got off Laz which sounds fine to me. The SAS's are not even broken in yet by far, they need like 50-100hrs on them to really shine and they have less the 10 hrs on each LOL. The Super Track is also very low hours, probably under 50hrs

speakerman1

Tagline
I have two with SAS Jico's and another with a NOS Super Track. They all sound great but lately, I have been running one that I pulled the Super Track out of and put in the unused replacement stylus I got off Laz which sounds fine to me. The SAS's are not even broken in yet by far, they need like 50-100hrs on them to really shine and they have less the 10 hrs on each LOL. The Super Track is also very low hours, probably under 50hrs
The guy I got mine from with the Jico cut the brush off and blu tac between the cart and body. Very small amount of tac no resonance coming thru the stylus.

speakerman1

Tagline
No Ron, nothing that exotic..
What is exotic? Ok let me look in my stash. See what I can find. I know I have an extra or two M97s. If you want to listen that can be arranged. I'll do some research on the signet. Just bummed about the B&O. Well the whole TT in general. If you want to listen let me know. The case they come in is metal so there should be no way to damage it.