Yamaha deck

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Got a Yamaha KX-W282 and need 4 belts. Where do you buy yours ? Marrs ? If so do you know of another source other than Marrs

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Got a Yamaha KX-W282 and need 4 belts. Where do you buy yours ? Marrs ? If so do you know of another source other than Marrs
I've never ordered from Marrs. Never seemed to have what I needed, But I have gotten belts for tape recorders from Vintage Electronics.

https://www.vintage-electronics.net/

But they don't list belt kits for any Yamaha double decks.

There is a "belts by size" section. If there are old belts to measure (deducting 10% - 15% for being old and slack) and determine what their cross section profile letter prefixes are. Maybe they sell the belts you need individually.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Marrs should be avoided at this time. Krista is in charge and she claims a fire damaged the house and well all sorts of things on the web except people claiming they received their orders or a refund. Find what belts you needs and there are sources but without knowing what to use, the kit suppliers should be adequate.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I did not want to post anything negative as I know we all have troubled times but the last time I did business there I do not feel as if I was treated in a professional manner. In fact I never received all the parts I ordered and and e mailing them did not help. The dealings I had were with a lady that works there. I do not recall her name and when I spoke with her via e mail during the transaction she was rude in my personal opinion. Not only that the deck that I installed the parts in has the same failure again. I will not say it was bad parts that caused it but the faults are the same. When I take it down again I will know more. Was hoping to get this Yamaha running a bit better so I could use it until I pull the Nakamichi back down and fix the problem with it. Thanks for the reassurance and advice.