WTB: PL400 Faceplate with Meters

Forresthicks7

New Around These Parts
Anyone have a faceplate with meters for sale? I spilled isopropyl alcohol on this and wrecked the plastic that covers the meters. And while cleaning the meters, I slipped and bent the meter arm :facepalm:

Already checked eBay. No dice. Shipping will be to La Mesa, California.

Forresthicks7

New Around These Parts
Interesting, I use 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol to clean my meters and it works just fine.
I was using it to clean the thermal paste off of the heat sinks and it flowed downward onto the meters and plastic. It fogged up the plastic and I couldn’t get it to clean off after the fact.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I was using it to clean the thermal paste off of the heat sinks and it flowed downward onto the meters and plastic. It fogged up the plastic and I couldn’t get it to clean off after the fact.
You should check the contents of your "alcohol" bottle, there may be some acetone or lacquer thinner in it.
This is what I use and it absolutely will not fog the clear plastic of the Phase Linear meters nor discolor the white plastic cases. I use it to remove the Dow Corning 340 Silicon Compound from the heat sinks and clean the tobacco smoke residue off of the Phase Linear Faceplates. It does not even remove the lettering on the Faceplates, it just removes the junk.
Alcohol.jpg

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
I use Lcd display cleaner ( no alcohol ) for plastic and ammonia for alu ( also suggested in PL manuals )
To remove small scratches from trasparent plastic the toothpaste is a good solution .
Ciao
Marco

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
perhaps the fog you are seeing is not melted/fogged plastic but rather residual white thermal paste remnants. It is hard to get rid of that white paste