WOW & FLUFFER gauge. Feel like I need one of those in my toolbox :D

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Nando was banned for a while. I think Miles was too.

I "self-banned" based on the asshat running the joint and his total disconnect with reality... Really dodged a bullet as I was about to make a donation to the site!

I'll probably dump my surplus decks and tape over there. I don't really have use for the place otherwise. Much more comfortable here.

Too bad too, because there was a lot of knowledge and experience being shared until aforementioned asshat started screwing everything up. I started over there when I had my tape renaissance. Nando hipped me to this place and now I'm darkening the halls here.

20tajk7

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You never have too much tapedecks ^^
Yes he's here : https://forums.phxaudiotape.com/members/c-d-s.8903/
Since his ban several TH members came here, banned by the admin or self banned ;)

And yes, a wow & flutter meter is a really helpful tool, got it here from Laatsch55 :
20211105_122740.jpg
You can also use Wfgui software from ANT website, but I prefer using physical equipment.

Nando was banned for a while. I think Miles was too.

I "self-banned" based on the asshat running the joint and his total disconnect with reality... Really dodged a bullet as I was about to make a donation to the site!

I'll probably dump my surplus decks and tape over there. I don't really have use for the place otherwise. Much more comfortable here.

Too bad too, because there was a lot of knowledge and experience being shared until aforementioned asshat started screwing everything up. I started over there when I had my tape renaissance. Nando hipped me to this place and now I'm darkening the halls here.
I've noticed a lot of the learned and experienced TH members haven't posted there in a very long time.
I took some time away from all the forums to focus on building up my business. Came back to TH a year later and it was like 'where the fk is everyone??'
I'm about done with the place myself. All my posts are heavily moderated and often deleted/disallowed for the most inane reasons. Whoever the asshat mod over there who deletes my posts is he defintely has some sort of resentment towards me for some reason.
e.g. Someone posted a question asking what the best size tapedeck was for this particular piece of furniture he and his wife had. He stipulated that his wife wouldn't allow any other piece of furniture apart from this one.
I replied sarcastically with 'Thought about trading your wife in for the furniture that would suit you/tapedeck?' and it was disallowed. Whichever mod it was that disallowed that also doesn't have a shred of humour in his body either.

There was another spurious character who PS announced as a new sponsor, hawking this ridiculous tape-head pre-amplifier for $3000 or something. He promised a presentation which never really materialised and people, including myself were asking very pertinent technical questions. I particularly wanted to know its' safety characteristics first and foremost having had 30 years around Product Development - whether it had been CE certified or had any other certifications. I don't want to spend 3000 bucks on something that could potentially burn my house down.
PS threw his toys out at everyone for being 'unwelcoming and hostile' towards this idiot. I would actually suggest that 'due-dilligence' on PS's part should be an integral precursor for any sponsor hawking their wares on a forum that might eventually incur death/destruction. Ultimately the whole thread was deleted and 'Phazer' disappeared from the forum. What a damp squib.

It's a different place (in a worse way) than I remember it from a couple of years ago sadly.

And yes, a wow & flutter meter is a really helpful tool, got it here from Laatsch55 :

You can also use Wfgui software from ANT website, but I prefer using physical equipment.
You missed my sarcasm. Andrej's lovely AI girl in the video - the one with the over-sized mouth who looks like she's being worked from behind like a ventriloquists' dummy pronounces the word 'flutter' as 'fluffer'.

AI aint as smart as we all think it is, obviously. :D

J!m

Tagline
BOT
PS is concerned with making money, and nothing else.

A sponsor comes along promising (or delivering) a donation, and he's going to cut the non-paying members to the bone to protect that revenue stream.

Pretty simple man, he is.

George S.

Jeez, you guys who got banned there appear to me to be easy going, rational, and civil.
I do spend a lot of time on that site digesting the "how to do it's" and such, never posted, probably never will.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
No idea who’s left worth following over there.

All the old men like us who lived it are not interested in that place so I guess newer generation people are now the “gurus” of tape.

I think it’s great the young are interested in our outdated technologies but I fear some will profess where they should not.