WOPL400 remote power up

Dchristie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
-Life is what you do between your plans--
Hi Folks, looking for any advice regarding a power up device for the WOPL400 amps. Because the amps have no on/off switch, I would like to remotely power them up ( 12 volt trigger) or (?) independent of the switched outlet in my preamp. Anyone know of a conditioner/power unit that would work or what are the rest of you doing ?

Thanks

Dean

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
I have used an infrared remote control that drives a 16A relay ( 30 A for USA is better ) .
Ciao
Marco

Dchristie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
-Life is what you do between your plans--
I have used an infrared remote control that drives a 16A relay ( 30 A for USA is better ) .
Ciao
Marco
OK - so here is what I did. I picked up a used Furman Elite PFi power conditioner. It has unswitched and also switched high current outlets for power amps that can be activated by a 12 volt trigger. Connected the 12 volt out from my Pass labs X1 pre to the 12 volt input on the Furman and both amps to the switched high current outlets and am now controlling both WOPL 400 power-ups from the Pass Labs preamp remote. Even has a 4 second delay for the amps. Works like a charm and provides some filtering as well. So, problem solved! :thumbright: