WOPL Upgrade (Upgraded) For Sale

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
This may be the first public sale of an upgraded WOPL. This guy took a Rev E WOPL and decided it was not good enough. I wonder if he will get his price? Lots of nice parts left in the junk pile...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Phase-Line...051697?hash=item4da180c171:g:wyUAAOSw1T1d5cmI
View attachment 38293
Ebayer "raindog911" (Steve E.) is also a member on this forum. His build(s) were documented on this forum several years ago. It appears he hasn't been on in a few years.

Ed

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
I
I remember Steve..
Lee,

Is he the one responsible for the quote you use: "Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies" ?

Also, I seem to recall some WOPL amps you were selling on ebay many years ago for around $750? Was there anyone you know of that was selling them on ebay before you?

Ed

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
This may be the first public sale of an upgraded WOPL. This guy took a Rev E WOPL and decided it was not good enough. I wonder if he will get his price? Lots of nice parts left in the junk pile...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Phase-Line...051697?hash=item4da180c171:g:wyUAAOSw1T1d5cmI
View attachment 38293

He only had a control board and a dcp and still had the original back wall junk and light board when he upgraded the second time. It wasn't a WOPL until he finished the job.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I

Lee,

Is he the one responsible for the quote you use: "Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies" ?

Also, I seem to recall some WOPL amps you were selling on ebay many years ago for around $750? Was there anyone you know of that was selling them on ebay before you?

Ed

No Ed, that was Stephen, my bud in Phoenix....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I

Lee,

Ed

Don't know for sure Ed, I sold the Larrt 700 on ebay, that was the only one...

mlucitt

A first Public sale of an upgraded wopl???? Hardly I do believe I have done a few. Matter of fact, just upgraded Rons WOPL
You are not part of the Public, you are a well-known WOPL flipper on this board. I thought he was an outsider, Ed remembered him as Steve E., but apparently he has not been on this board for some time. That kind of makes him an outsider.

Also, just your opinion that because he did not have "the works" in his PL700B, does not mean it was not a WOPL amp. Opinions are like armpits, everyone has one or two. I have a quasi-complementary PL700B with a Rev A control board and nothing else; I fully consider it to be a WOPL amp.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I don't "Flip" WOPL's. I build and sell them. and as for a Phase Linear with a White Oak Control board, that is a hybrid. If I sell a partially upgraded amp on ebay, it is not a WOPL so I can't advertise as such. I'd have to call it a Phase Linear partially upgraded with White Oak parts. A quasi comp with some White Oak parts aint no WOPL... Far from it.

Yup, opinions ARE like "Armpits" You can smell the bad ones

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

In my opinion is that anything that is no longer factory is a "resto-mod".

As for the WOPL pc boards...... the Rev A board was probably the closest to being a copy of a Phase Linear series one PL 14/PL20 pc board with a few exceptions. Over the years the boards have moved further away from the originals.

Ed