WOPL Building Tools

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I am attaching a list of tools I have found useful or necessary for building WOPL Amplifiers. For the builders out there (you know who you are) are there any corrections, deletions or additions you would make?

Attachments

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Thing's I just learned:

The kegs of IPA's I've been drinking are actually Isopropanol alcohol and it is also Isopropyl alcohol.

You can fix 700B meters with the appropriate hammer.

I thought spanner wrenches were crescent wrenches 'cause the Brits I've worked with said "hand me a spanner". They also ask for a torch when they want a flashlight.

Items to add: Xcellite magnetic 1/4" inch nut driver and extension to start screws in outputs. Series lightbulb/dim bulb test set. I prefer water soluble flux solder vs rosin core. Hakko 808 or equivalent desoldering tool. 4" fan or similar to exhaust solder fumes. Dale 8 ohm/250 watt non inductive resistors or 4500 watt water heater elements in a bucket of water. 10 Amp variac.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Don,
Those are good adds, I'll make the changes. Eventually the document will end up posted in our library. For me the terms "spanner" and "open-end" are the same. Spanner, like span the distance across the flats, or something like that. Crescent from the Crescent Tool Co. Flashlight, AKA darkness absorber. After drinking some Island Rum, it all seemed perfectly logical.

I will also add the Ohmite 200 Ohm 10W Bulk Cap shorting resistor (Mouser P/N 588-TUW10J200E) . It has save my butt many times.