WOPL 700B/Series II Volume Pots

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
This Post may or may not do anybody any good BUT, if I remember where I put it (Can't remember shit), it definitely will do me A LOT of good. I posted this question and got some feedback from Joe with some part numbers since many of the volume pots are on their last legs (some have been beyond help). Of the 5 different part numbers I ordered, the ones that fit the best and have the best feel are listed below. These are from Mouser. I have the top number in Brads amp I just finished and the fit is awesome (they are round shaft). I have in the past made round shaft switches into flatted shaft switched with the use of the Dremel (go slow and don't get the shaft hot). Trying to spec out a volume pot can be a serious pain in the ass since there are so many things to consider. i.e. pot value, bushing size, bushing length, flat shaft round shaft, Taper Type, shaft length, thread size etc etc etc..... But, these fit the front panel pretty well so these are the 2 I will use. I will attempt to find the part numbers for the flatted shaft and add them here.

Mouser 652-PDB241GTR02104B0 Linear taper 100K Bourns 20% Round Shaft great fit, OK feel when turning.

Mouser 652-PDA241HRT02104A2 A Taper 100K Bourns 20% Round Shaft Installing soon on the Fat Girl when I put the G1 Rev board into her

The other part numbers I used had too small of a bushing but could be used with a piece of tubing to tighten up the fit where it goes through the face plate (which I have done before). I have also tried a 50K pot...... NO WORKY WORKY.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Bourns are the best if you can find ones that fit...good choice.

I went through the spec'ing process a couple time and I built some using the data sheet but they would have been special order so that's why I put a feeler out there. I figured you or the Lee-Meister might have had a supply for them or a good available number. One value of one pot can have 100 different part numbers depending on what you are needing (as I'm sure you know). If I was going to replace every pot of every amp coming through, it would have been an expensive endeavor since the special order pots could have been a minimum of 1000 pieces..... OUCH