WOPL 400 question

nadude98

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Quick question. I am looking at a pair of Polk SDA 2B's that use a interconnect. I have the WOPL 400 and I just want to make sure I'm okay using them. Probably a stupid question but is the amp a common ground type?
Thanks!

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Hmmm. Does it have a Wattsabundant DCP installed on the speaker jacks, and if so, do the jacks share a common ground? I think so, but can't be certain as I'm unable to check mine.

George S.

Each pair of SDA-2A speakers is joined by a special signal cable. The cable carries the signal from each stereo channel to the dimensional array of the speaker for the other channel. It also forms a common ground connection between the left and right speakers, and the driving amplifier must also have a common ground between its two speaker outputs. (Almost all amplifiers meet this requirement.) *Cut and pasted from a brochure*
I guess your SDA-2B speakers are similar.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I had a pair of SDA-2B's for a year or so and powered them with a 700B and then a 400.

The person who bought them complained soon after. Said they caused his receiver to fail. Turned out he either connected or disconnected the SDA cable while the system was operating. That blew fuses in his receiver. He didn't know his receiver had fuses.