Wire Strippers for Teflon wire

nogoodpig

New Around These Parts
Tagline
It was broken when I took it apart---
Capri25.jpg
I bought these wire strippers several months ago for my toolbox, since I'm about to embark on a WOPL400 of my own I decided to test them on Teflon wire. I can report that they work really well, nice clean stripping and very minor nicking of the wire. I've tried from 22 to 10 gauge wire with similar results. They also cut wire very cleanly on the end, nice and square and no crushing. They are currently only a bit over $13 on amazon, a real bargain. I cannot attest to their longevity, but at $13 I can replace them easily. Highly recommended for WOPL builders.
NGP

the link
https://www.amazon.com/Capri-Tools-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0VH85RPFZJBQJN5DFF7E

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I've never had any luck with the flat bladed end strippers on teflon wire. My best results have been with a Kline "Kaput" with the full round die.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I've never had any luck with the flat bladed end strippers on teflon wire. My best results have been with a Kline "Kaput" with the full round die.
best results come from the T strippers. I have a whole set of them

nogoodpig

New Around These Parts
Tagline
IMG_20170327_155740.jpg IMG_20170327_160506.jpg
Here's an example of a strip and a cut on some 12 gauge, along with a picture of the jaws.
I stripped a really tough piece of 10 gauge after this strip, and they don't work so well on smaller wire now. I believe I damaged the jaws in the process.
They have a ten year warranty, so I emailed Capri to see what's up with that. I'll report back. In the meantime I ordered another set that I'll be more gentle with.
T strippers?? Is that where they keep their bottoms on?
NGP

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I like the Klein strippers for high voltage. They are the orange handle one here. The yellow Klein ones are good but they are not as comfortable to use as the orange ones. The red handle one is nice as well and I use it in tight corners.

Attachments

nogoodpig

New Around These Parts
Tagline
View attachment 28681 View attachment 28682
Here's an example of a strip and a cut on some 12 gauge, along with a picture of the jaws.
I stripped a really tough piece of 10 gauge after this strip, and they don't work so well on smaller wire now. I believe I damaged the jaws in the process.
They have a ten year warranty, so I emailed Capri to see what's up with that. I'll report back. In the meantime I ordered another set that I'll be more gentle with.
T strippers?? Is that where they keep their bottoms on?
NGP
Capri responded by sending me a new set of wire strippers and a prepaid shipping label to return the old ones. That's just what I was hoping for.
Here's the email from them......
+++++++++++++++++++++
Hello Leo,

Thank you for your reply. We have processed your warranty claim. Included in the package we will send out, will be a prepaid return label. Simply use he received packaging to return the defective unit back to your nearest USPS office. We would like to send the defective unit back to our factory for further investigation in this case. We greatly appreciate your business and are glad to hear you are keeping us in mind for future purchases. We have provided your replacement order details below for your reference. Thank you and have a great rest of your day.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NGP

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living

nogoodpig

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Klein's BABY!! Ok, the end nippers are Greenlee.....
Those black plastic strippers were my favorites back in the late seventies and early eighties when I was installing car stereos. You could stick a speaker wire in and strip both at once. I believe the first pair I got were made by Amp and cost about $80 back then, but they were great for that work.
NGP