When in Germany “”

Juikster

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Was so fortunate while in Frankfurt Germany to find this lady that had these in storage. Custom built for her in this absolute solid wood design. I Added Germany made double wheel roller caster to it these cabinets. Sorry but German made shit is quality.

Attachments

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Sorry but German made shit is quality.
Yes, it is.

I got a set of caps from Partsconnexion, 10µF 10% Mundorfs and well they may have been quality but they were not within 10%. Ranged from 11.9-12.2. Contacted PC and they needed this $5 parts order returned for replacement. Shipping outside the US starts at 25 for a package so that wasn't going to happen.

Contacted Mundorf and they eventually offered to replace them with a shipment from Germany. Excellent...until I measured the caps. These were 11.7-12.1µF. Now before you jump all over my calibration of the meter, I check a number of caps and have some that were professionally measured and marked and the ones that were rated 6 measured 6.12 and I would get 6.07 or some such value, close enough for mil-spec.

May make good stuff but damn they sure are insistent that what they made is right even when it isn't. I get that from a few of the € countries.

I used different caps in that project and use the Mundorf 12uF caps where a twelve is called for.

Last edited:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yes, it is.

I got a set of caps from Partsconnexion, 10µF 10% Mundorfs and well they may have been quality but they were not within 10%. Ranged from 11.9-12.2. Contacted PC and they needed this $5 parts order returned for replacement. Shipping outside the US starts at 25 for a package so that wasn't going to happen.

Contacted Mundorf and they eventually offered to replace them with a shipment from Germany. Excellent...until I measured the caps. These were 11.7-12.1µF. No before you jump all over my calibration of the meter, I check a number of caps and have some that were professionally measured and marked and the ones that were rated 6 measured 6.12 and I would get 6.07 for some such close enough for mil-spec.

May make good stuff but damn they sure are insistent that want they made is right. I get that from a few of the € countries.
The metric system must have confused them...