What would you pay for a decent but basic speaker cable?

Canvassing your opinion to establish a decent/fair price-point for a new speaker-cable model intended to complete my 'Core Function' budget-oriented range of cables.

Description:
Single-wire configurtation only. Sommer 'SPM240' 2x4mm² (AWG11) OFC copper twin-axial (twisted-pair) conductors.
Capacitance (conductor/conductor) = 125pF/m
Conductor resistance per 1 km = 4.5Ω
9.5mmDIA PVC jacket in dark grey
Banana/spade/angled-banana gold-plated brass connectors.
Absolutely no frills, bells or whistles. Just a basic cable that does what it says on the tin.

I already have a price point in mind but I'd be interested to know what you would be willing to pay for say a 2m pair?
All feedback much appreciated.

IMG_20241023_200634.jpg

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
OK, I'm sorry to say I don't buy into the speaker cable debate. I use and always have used 14 gauge lamp cord or zip cord as most call them. I usually get brown, but black and white is also an option. I'm not sure what a spool of this costs now since copper is so expensive, but I'm sure they're a heck of a lot more affordable than custom made cables or even the bamboo risers that are used to keep these fancy cables off the floor. I've been using zip cord for 50 years and never ever heard a difference and at my age I doubt if I would. If you can hear a difference, God bless you!

..and I should add:

'These magic beans'
'Nothing, you should be giving them away for free'
'Would you entertain a part-exchange for these old but genuine antique copies of Playboy?'
'A ride on my donkey'
'A ride on my camel'
'A ride on my wife'

...will not be considered as valuable responses.

:D

Just throw a figure into the thread, even if you're not that interested.
Cheers

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
A meter? I think 80-100 is reasonable.

My speaker cables are about 24 inches long. Silver plated OFC fine strands about 2ga. total with a twisted inner and Chinese finger puzzle outer. The outer is to stop rat nesting in use. These are plasma gun cables and the conductor rides in the water cable. The water cooling allows this fine conductor to carry 1100 amps DC whereas the rectifier to console uses three 000 copper cables to carry that current. (In air)

When the robot moves the gun it bends a lot right at the end and strands start breaking. (Rat nesting) reducing flow of water.

Copper spade on each end for my amp to speaker.

OK, good to hear, thx.

I'm going to place a 1m set at €75 and then €20/m for each additional 1m length.
Getting a 2m set out for under €100 ($107.8) was the primary objective. I can still make an acceptable, if lower margin than I'd prefer depending on if I can achieve the volume I'm expecting to sell.
I already have a midrange and top-tier model available but I really needed to get a budget set in there.