What is Your Goal In Audio

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I don't really have goal. but if you force me to answer I would say great sound and great looking components. I wont take one without the other. You can have the greatest sounding component, but if it is but ugly I wont own it for long. Now if I had a component that was real cool looking but crappy sounding I'd probably keep it but not use it. :cyclops:

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
I like fuggly.. :cheers:

As long as it sounds good, that's what I'm looking for. Plus it has to have all those blinky blinkys, or big hawkin' VU meters, and of course - scare the cats downstairs...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
jbeckva said:
I like fuggly.. :cheers:

As long as it sounds good, that's what I'm looking for. Plus it has to have all those blinky blinkys, or big hawkin' VU meters, and of course - scare the cats downstairs...
Ding, ding, ding, blue team scores :cheers: !!

Gimme some SAE yellow or Mac blues anyday, dare anyone ta not be hip-n0-tised :lichmalignus: :lichmalignus: :whax:

What?? I can't hear ya.... WOOF!

Attachments

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Well I am not searching for Audio nirvana, as my current systems sound good enough for me. Sure I could gain an ounce of better audio but at what cost? I am already in the diminishing returns area so any gains are likely to be costly. Anyhoo I am satisfied with my current gear which explains why I haven't bought or upgraded my system in several years. if I do anything it would be to sell all my current gear and get a pair of big ass Mac mono blocks and some martin Logan speakers and simplify my system to just one of each type of component. :cheers:

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Web Police said:
Well I am not searching for Audio nirvana, as my current systems sound good enough for me. Sure I could gain an ounce of better audio but at what cost? I am already in the diminishing returns area so any gains are likely to be costly. Anyhoo I am satisfied with my current gear which explains why I haven't bought or upgraded my system in several years. if I do anything it would be to sell all my current gear and get a pair of big ass Mac mono blocks and some martin Logan speakers and simplify my system to just one of each type of component. :cheers:

LOL you read my post. You have some very nice systems web. So you aren't going to try the DAC-DTI set up? If you do you may be surprised. You couldn't part with all your gear. It becomes a piece of you. I agree I'm satisfied with most of my equipment. I would like a tube pre and a tube amp that has a tape loop. So I keep yrying to get to where I want to be.

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Web Police said:
What? Me read posts? You haven't even posted your reply yet. :cyclops: Sure I could use sompin to put the Dac in and take the jitters oughtta my system.

I think this is the amps I am after.

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/mc ... =pd_t_img1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Speakers like this.

http://www.martinlogan.com/products/summitx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe a tube amp in my future too.
Baiting the stumiester with 'Logans eh? :rabbit: trust me you don't want those Summits, get an early pair like mine, the panels will give ya the 'bumps' :pirate:

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I do like the Mac. Wait till the PL gets back. You will like the LED mod. There is on thing you can take to the bank I will never steer you wrong on a component. And I like letting you guys try different things out. Isn't that part of it. No I didn't post here yet. I know where you read it. You sneak you.

Larry