What is the most horrific......

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Thing you can do to a Phase 700 B, the most outlandish, loudest, meanest things that can be done to one of these bad boys? Safely..lol Pm costs. :mrgreen: :thumbleft: :cheers:

Jim

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Hook the positive speaker terminals to Stuwee's right big toe, then hook the negative speaker terminals to Stuwee's left big toe and then let her rip. :wave:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Web Police said:
Hook the positive speaker terminals to Stuwee's right big toe, then hook the negative speaker terminals to Stuwee's left big toe and then let her rip. :wave:
Do I smell burning hair?

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
First the new White Oak driver board, DC protect relays wit on/off muting, bigger PS caps, new RCA jacks, new speaker posts, new On-Semi MJ 15024's as drivers pushing On- Semi MJ 21194's for outputs.A 500WPC per channel, bullet proof, ear drum shattering, neighbor pissin off beast when it's done, oh and all this with THD & N in the .008 % range.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Elite-ist said:
[quote="Web Police":2luf9na6]Hook the positive speaker terminals to Stuwee's right big toe, then hook the negative speaker terminals to Stuwee's left big toe and then let her rip. :wave:
Do I smell burning hair?

Nando.[/quote:2luf9na6]

No, that's Jerry's Polks cryin' Uncle :pirate:

Attachments

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I paid 425 for mine. Not professionally tested though.Mine has Rack handles. My was with shipping. I just sent him an offer and he yanked the sale. 425 with shipping.That was mine though. Is BIN 349.00? I just had a bad coughing fit.So stay with me mister..Do all the lights work, the meters? Trying to think if I would buy it. What about the pots. That is something I would like to ask. Robert how much to make me 4 knobs. Just plain jane knobs.I would like them a little tighter. Don't say a 302 please. We might make a deal though.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I dunno Jim,that one looks like it was rode hard and put away wet. 'Rack hash"?? It's corroded as hell in the back, and those boards look nasty. But, I'm not an expert on PL gear.

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I wasn't buying, but at the right price it might be something for someone. cleanup isle 6 can be done.

Jim

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
laatsch55 said:
First the new White Oak driver board, DC protect relays wit on/off muting, bigger PS caps, new RCA jacks, new speaker posts, new On-Semi MJ 15024's as drivers pushing On- Semi MJ 21194's for outputs.A 500WPC per channel, bullet proof, ear drum shattering, neighbor pissin off beast when it's done, oh and all this with THD & N in the .008 % range.
How low will they go? My speakers are 4ohm and are known for dropping on down, how stable?

Jim

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
They'll do 4 ohms just fine but will need some air moving over the heatsinks above Mach 4. If you are looking for one to be upgraded with the above buy a non-working unit with decent cosmetics. I can fix everything but a bad faceplate.

mlucitt

How about a college dorm face off between a Phase Linear 700 and a Ampzilla pushed into a pair of Roger Sound Lab (RSL) speakers until your face melted off. The Phase Linear won because the sound stayed cleaner at the insane sound levels. The Ampzilla just broke up at anything above sickeningly loud. We got into the car and drove 1.5 miles and you could still hear the RSLs on the balcony INSIDE THE CAR!

My scale (Lee has some input here):
Loud
Way Loud
Call the Cops Loud
Sickeningly Loud
Things Fall off the Shelf Loud
Mind-Blowing Loud
Face-melting Loud
Insanely Loud (qualifies for a straight jacket)

Mark

mlucitt

The updated "Loud List"

Loud
Way Loud
Call the Cops Loud
Sickeningly Loud
Things Fall off the Shelf Loud
Mind-Blowing Loud
Face-melting Loud
Insanely Loud (qualifies for a straight jacket)
Sublimely Loud (Right where we like it)

Mark