What do you do with the old guts?

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
Now that I started to rebuild my PL400 amp, I have all the old stuff that came out of it.
What do you all do with it? Send to landfill, recycle it?

IMG_20180304_223608.jpg IMG_20180304_223337.jpg IMG_20180304_223524.jpg

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Now that I started to rebuild my PL400 amp, I have all the old stuff that came out of it.
What do you all do with it? Send to landfill, recycle it?

View attachment 31492 View attachment 31493 View attachment 31494
I would be interested in the pc board and output transistors.
The output stage may be of interest as well so long as the screws that were used were #6's and not #7's. (The major diameter over the crest of the threads is larger on the #7's.)The #7's tended to damage/break the shoulders on the sockets.

The Zobel networks with the (2) 12 ohm resistors in parallel tend to be out-of-tolerance these days. If you were to measure them I'll bet they read over 7 ohms when they should read 6 ohms.

Unfortunately the Temple brand capacitors were not very good. It is a good thing you replaced them. I have no interest in Temple brand caps.

Thanks!
Ed

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
I would be interested in the pc board and output transistors.
The output stage may be of interest as well so long as the screws that were used were #6's and not #7's. (The major diameter over the crest of the threads is larger on the #7's.)The #7's tended to damage/break the shoulders on the sockets.

The Zobel networks with the (2) 12 ohm resistors in parallel tend to be out-of-tolerance these days. If you were to measure them I'll bet they read over 7 ohms when they should read 6 ohms.

Unfortunately the Temple brand capacitors were not very good. It is a good thing you replaced them. I have no interest in Temple brand caps.

Thanks!
Ed
Ok Ed, the big caps I will throw away. Some transistors may not be any good. I'll send it to ya this week. This is the main reason why I started my rebuild.

Ron

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
If they were fish guts you could at least use them as bait :pirate:

But at least Ed is taking some of them and meanwhile, you got a WOPL in progress.

Think of this in terms of adding 300 hp to your Deuce Coupe, Vicky or Barracuda.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
The driver board is the new version and should be put on ebay for someone who wants to keep their amplifier stock. I could probably stick it in a blown unit I have in my back room if you are against ebay.