Web's AMD Dualcore gift, Take II

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Since the video is PCI-E and I am not really sure the nVidia 7800 made it (OOOOPS), I found I have another PCI-E nVidia card, P280 I believe it says. Why that crap the cards get in the way of the primary RAM slot and you have to put the Ram in first is beyond me but it's all in again and I have to shut the Dell down to swap cables.

We'll see what does or doesn't happen as this card requires no external power input and I may have screwed that 7800 (magic smoke).

On the bright side I DID finally get the Sony DVD R-RW drive going on the Dell Diomension 2350 (this thing) and watched some of my old Lone Ranger color episodes. That would be a YAY.

Last edited by a moderator:

orange

Tagline
it looks like a version of the GeForce 7300, still hoping to figure out which and download the driver to save to a CD. I really have no idea in hell what half the gobbledygook means in the descriptions...maybe it will just find something enough to auto-detect it online. Here goes something.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Not even VGA. Hell, I could throw that Trident on there for the heck of it at try that.

orange

Tagline
We could fire this puppy up tonight if I wanted to...

Last edited by a moderator:

orange

Tagline
If I use the discs you sent for the builder versions, yes. I've already used the same copy twice for Valerie and Delia, and I THINK they just changed the key on Delia later.

Some memory will have to come from Delia for a bit.

Remember that I have occasional video driver failures on this one...it's still two weeks until I can do anything to get another widescreen/DVI monitor and for whatever reason I'm running Valerie (the first MPC). III remember, it had to do with compiling the CD and I'm a creature of habit who takes a while to move to other things if I'm busy.

orange

Tagline
And I STILL don't know if I can patch the Linux Mint/Firefox I have sitting in the OptiPlex (Vera) so that it's safe (SSL exploits etc)...otherwise I'd use it for a while.

orange

Tagline
Since there is no built in video on that board it might help if I manage to locate the BFG 7800 and the cabling.

I just got up a couple hours ago, looked around some last night and was up too long. Back to work.

orange

Tagline
Found the other 7800, no cables yet but I did find an older one with VGA again. I'll fire that up for a minute or two.

orange

Tagline
That card seems to be dead as a door nail. Think it's an Asus Magic-T?

Unless I can find another one all that's left are two 7800 GTX with no cables found yet and then it's AGP as I'm not pulling the 6600 from this.

Otherwise it doesn't seem to complain. We'll find something or wait four more daze. I'm not very enthused about those 7800 FURNACES yet.

orange

Tagline
It's actually a DUAL core and I tried to fix that, would you finish the task in the directories???

orange

Tagline
Affirmative and no video card to spare yet.

orange

Tagline
Fitz (Doug) is sending me a 7200 GS this week :)

I owe you, bud!

orange

Tagline
I hope the resolution is good enough...Navo's women are messing up my vision :la:

Status
Not open for further replies.