Want your mid blown? look at this rig...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
LMAO!!!! My eyes are so bad it looked like the title was "Want your roid blown"

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Yep, you have to have the room for those speakers for sure. Regarding the TT's, they are nice but I would not pay that much for a belt drive TT even if I had Trump's money. My SL-1200mk2 w/ the SOundsmith cart would compete easily with either of them and be more reliable and accurate with speed. My only complaint with the 1200 mk2 would be dampening but it's so heavy it has not been an issue. I can crank a record right to the point that speakers are hgitting their limits with zero resonant feedback

To those that can afford these crazy systems, I am happy for them and would love to hear them

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Not if it goes into raising sheep.

orange

Tagline
it's massive and impressive but all I could think was that, "Gee, they have ONE phonograph that doesn't somehow resemble a tire balancing machine at Les Schwab".

Hey, the mastering lathe wasn't even that complicated when they made the records.

Happy I don't have to fix those, it you want it get it if you can.

Perry's Kenner Close N Play sounds sweeter now :toothy5:

Last edited:

stuwee

Pretty impressive system. Those tables are outta this world...
Those speakers are outta this world dude!! They just need some ML panels in the right places to make the 'give Ya the Bumps' on every song played!

Those Lamm tube amps ain't nothing nice either, very strong on sonics, pitch and tone, spot on they are!!

Steven, thanks for the George Takei pic, he is spot on as well!

orange

Tagline
I figured you'd like that, and besides that, he was probably the only one in the cast that had the physique to swordfight shirtless, I suppose. Who knew?

stuwee

braxus, did you notice how many SME tonearms were in those pics? Several tables had 3 different versions together :happy2:

Seeing your recent TT issues you might want to up grade that tonearm to some SME, check out on line auctions, hit up audiogon and such?

That would include a new arm board and set up, well worth it my friend. Your Linn LP12 is a magnificent turntable and it deserves the best! Money well spent!! :happy3:

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
Aye! Them open baffle horns! Bet they don't need many watts to make your ears bleed. The only TT that caught my eye in that lot was the EMT.......