Wall Warts

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Been thinking about how wall warts can influence ops. I run mine through my AC filters. Was talking to John about designing a universal that uses good components and good shielding. Also been thinking of getting the USB DAC off of ebay and do a tube output on it. Talked to the builder he said it would be easy to do. Just wandering thoughts.

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
Been thinking about how wall warts can influence ops. I run mine through my AC filters. Was talking to John about designing a universal that uses good components and good shielding. Also been thinking of getting the USB DAC off of ebay and do a tube output on it. Talked to the builder he said it would be easy to do. Just wandering thoughts.
Keep us posted. I think a quality wall wart would be a great product to bring to market. Lots of good gear out there with lousy wall warts(Schiit, Bellari).

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
WTF is a Wall Wart? Sounds like a structural deformity :evil4:
Lol Those little external power supply blocks that come with small electronics. Often Supply DC.

@Larry, anythings possible I suppose on filters. Sometimes the whole supply, if really crappy enough, could do better with a whole new supply instead. I found the Radio Shack generic power supply to be a big improvement over the stock on the Bellari. I don't know why but it wasn't subtle. $30 well spent.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Lol Those little external power supply blocks that come with small electronics. Often Supply DC.

@Larry, anythings possible I suppose on filters. Sometimes the whole supply, if really crappy enough, could do better with a whole new supply instead. I found the Radio Shack generic power supply to be a big improvement over the stock on the Bellari. I don't know why but it wasn't subtle. $30 well spent.
Was yours a variable?

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Was yours a variable?
Not this one. I may have tried the selectable AC version on the VP129. The VP130 uses a DC supply. I bought a fixed value 15v / 1000ma. Then I just matched the right connector when I brought the Bellari into radio shack. The connectors are interchangeable. Polarity is noted.

I don't think these are anything special, but still better then stock IMHO.