Voltage Adapters

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I hate them. I have 2 sitting here a don't know what they go to. There are so many of my components tat use them. TTs, phono amp, antennas, outside speakers, office chair. I know one goes to the TT I'm about to sell; but which one. Just confused in my own little world.
Larry

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
speakerman1 said:
I hate them. I have 2 sitting here a don't know what they go to. There are so many of my components tat use them. TTs, phono amp, antennas, outside speakers, office chair. I know one goes to the TT I'm about to sell; but which one. Just confused in my own little world.
Larry
Look on what the adapter plugs into and see if you can see a voltage and polarity marking. Or if not there look at the product labels for the TT. All else fails, find the manual for the TT and see what it needs to be.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Voltage adapters- wall worts, block transformers or whatever you call them are in wide use today. They are easy to replace but they can be confusing if you get a bunch of therm mixed up and they are not well labeled. I have 2 to 3 dozen in boxes up in the shop so when I need a type I go looking. The problems I see with these is that they break if plugged in and out a lot or if you leave them plugged in all the time when the power utility like to do their switch over in the early morning they spike these things and they can then fail. The switch mode units are also more expensive and lighter but they fail all the more due to spikes of sometimes bad caps. If you find you need one, Marlin P Jones or All Electronics can be of a big help in finding the exact part you need in the surplus or hobby market. They are usually cheap too.