Very Nice PL400 Series II

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Very nice. That looks like a 700 behind it. What kind of relay is that and what's behind it in the small rectangular box?

mlucitt

Very nice. That looks like a 700 behind it. What kind of relay is that and what's behind it in the small rectangular box?
George, yes, that is a PL700 with a Chinese DCP and its associated 12V transformer. I told the customer I would take it out but then there would be screw holes (or screws) in the side of his amp. He said it worked OK, so I am going to leave it. He also wanted WBT speaker binding posts installed which make it harder to mount the Watts Abundant DCP, but I have done it using stilts of bare #6 solid copper wire.

Here is a better picture:
It uses a 7812 voltage regulator and a 1237 chip but I think the Omron G2R-2 12V relay is too small. It is rated at 5A @ 250VAC or 5A @ 30VDC.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stereo-2-0...850646?hash=item1cc12a2b96:g:uKEAAOSwRxJb6kPA
Chinese DCP.jpg

Last edited:

George S.

Hey Mark, thanks for the photos and explanation. Seems like a error on the owners part to trust "that" when Dons' board is proven, time tested, and U.S. made(it's not a racist thing with me, it's a political ideology thing, besides there's only one race, the human race). Great idea on solid copper wire stilts. Creative thinking, excellent! Thanks, I learn something new here almost every visit.

George S.

Check out that eBay sellers other items. Very impressive. Amazing variety of small dedicated boards, motors, gears, etc.