Unbelievable Price HK/Rabco Turntable

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Is someone desperate for cash...or what? As desperation grows, sellers will lower prices, but by then, will have trouble finding buyers.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
At one point I wanted a Rabco arm for my Rek, but they fetch too much money, even my Gray 108/208 clone was cheaper

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
What a pity about those Rabco rigs. A wonderfully simple design, by all accounts it should work. I had an ST-8 and an ST-7, both the same story- they either failed to keep up with the spiral or went ahead of it.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
I wasn't aware the ST-8 existed. The turntable is ok but it must be perfectly level! By adding a wing to the adjustment screw they became much easier to dial in correctly.
If you guys want a linear tracker I have an ET-2 arm with pump on a SOTA Star Sapphire vacuum turntable, local pick up only.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I wasn't aware the ST-8 existed. The turntable is ok but it must be perfectly level! By adding a wing to the adjustment screw they became much easier to dial in correctly.
If you guys want a linear tracker I have an ET-2 arm with pump on a SOTA Star Sapphire vacuum turntable, local pick up only.
If only I had the funds...

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Not me, I'm very happy with my Yamaha PX-3 Linear tracker. I just like looking at different turntables. The Rabco I like is the ST4, 2767576-61430a53-rabco-st-4-turntable-with-shure-v15vx-cartridge.jpg 2767577-64fbef6c-rabco-st-4-turntable-with-shure-v15vx-cartridge.jpg 2767580-2c7854dd-rabco-st-4-turntable-with-shure-v15vx-cartridge.jpg

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
I wasn't aware the ST-8 existed. The turntable is ok but it must be perfectly level!
Three models, looked essentially the same...
ST-6 had no pitch control (no strobe ring, either...).
ST-7 had individual pitch controls for 33 & 45.
ST-8 was black and included a bubble level on the left side of the arm carriage.
ST-4 had the ugly tonearm and the “gull wing” dustcover. I don’t remember an ST-5.

Last edited: