ugly ones! WARNING! VERY GRAPHIC PICS!

stereorob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
so, being that we love our vintage gear and that we sometimes find our treasures in not so nice condition, we fix them, here are some of the worst looking receivers and other various pieces of gear that landed on my bench over the years. if you are eating wile reading this, you might wanna put your food down..

here is a very very sad technics sa-6000x i pulled from a condemned house a few years back, one of the worst ive ever seen, the house was abandoned and homeless crackheads had been living in it. i found it sitting on its side, with rats running across the floor and piles of bum feces here and there..

here is another sad sack, a realistic sta-64 i found ontop of a stinking pile of garbage with flys buzzing around it

i have plenty more to share, like this one..

so how bout you guys?

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I've had a few uglies but I never took pics before I tossed them in the dumpster.

I had this massive Denon CD player once upon a time that looked like it took a trip down some stairs. Tray had no door and I had to manually open and close it but man did it sound good. I remember going to a local shop and I picked up a low model Cambridge Audio CDP. When I compared the 2, I thought the Denon sounded a tad better and I was very disappointed as I wanted to dump the ugly. Oh well, I held onto it for quite awhile and enjoyed it. That experience actually turned me off from Cambridge as a viable choice for future purchases.