UF0202 Trial

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: I am thinking of ordering such an interface. It's simple from what I see.

Nando.

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I clicked the link - nice! Does that thing go both ways? Coax to USB and USB to coax? It might be just the thing I've been looking for to tap audio from my Mac Mini. The headphone outputs just do not appeal to the purist in me.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
It is plug and play. A friend bought one. He said use your own phono amp. There is a switch to do normal input or phono. He likes the DAC part. Very simple. I have had this one about 5 years.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Thank you for the offer, Larry. I am thinking of ordering the same model you provided the link to, so I would prefer to buy it rather than to borrow yours. I saw some of the earlier models, and I believe it might have been Robert (eminence1963) who bought one last year which got me thinking of buying one.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I bought one to upload some cassette tapes to mp3 files and then burn Cd's. Pretty straight forward.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I bought one to upload some cassette tapes to mp3 files and then burn Cd's. Pretty straight forward.
Yea what he said. There is no hiss from it. I hear no noise. It is a pretty neutral little thing. You are going to hear what you are use to hearing.

Last edited:

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thank you for the offer, Larry. I am thinking of ordering the same model you provided the link to, so I would prefer to buy it rather than to borrow yours. I saw some of the earlier models, and I believe it might have been Robert (eminence1963) who bought one last year which got me thinking of buying one.

Nando.
Ah Nando your mind is sharp as a tack:thumbup:
I did not buy the model listed here in this discussion thread. I got this one instead

The reason I got this one is for the Digital out interface that it has. I don't have digital out on my computer. Just the standard 1/4 inch plug. It also has regular in/outs just like a cassette deck does, so you can run it through your existing preamp through a tape loop.
Once in the loop of the preamp, of your choice you can record directly to your computer, using Audacity.
Pretty nifty gadget for the price.
Is it Audiophile grade? I'm not into that, so I wouldn't know. All I know is it works for me .YMMV.