To WOPL a PL400

Swilton

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Hi,
I'm new here, referred over from Audiokarma and looking for help. I have a PL400 donor chassis laying here needing love, and I was considering giving it the WOPL treatment. I have a couple of questions if somebody can point me in a good direction to get started:

1. If I do it myself, what's it cost? How many hours involved? I'm pretty handy, but I lack time, so maybe there's a halfway shortcut?
2. If I send it off to somebody else what's it cost? Does anybody on this forum do them?

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Swil

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Hi,
I'm new here, referred over from Audiokarma and looking for help. I have a PL400 donor chassis laying here needing love, and I was considering giving it the WOPL treatment. I have a couple of questions if somebody can point me in a good direction to get started:

1. If I do it myself, what's it cost? How many hours involved? I'm pretty handy, but I lack time, so maybe there's a halfway shortcut?
2. If I send it off to somebody else what's it cost? Does anybody on this forum do them?

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Swil
I think me and Lee figured the parts were about the same for a 700/400 @ about $700 with DC protection, back planes, control boards, caps, light board, RCA's, Bridge Rect, Speaker Terminals, New outputs and Sil Pads, new wiring etc..... Labor starts at $20-$40 and hour OR MORE... Add in a round trip in a fedex truck and you'll be into it for about $1500 give or take..... No short cuts OR halfways.... If you only do part of it, you still run the risk of catastrophic failure.

There are a few of us who do them yes... But a donor Chassis??? I hope that includes a transformer... More like a donor AMP...... A chassis won't cut it.