This is a monster

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
I have a tuner because the wife likes to listen to FM while she exercises. Anything that could possibly interest her in the system is a plus. Sometimes she even plays one of her old LPs.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I never had a receiver but had some college buddies that did. I have always preferred separates

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Technics SA-1000 Receiver

I demoed a Technics SA-1000 in the fall of 2020 at Innovative Audio. It was in beautiful shape and priced on consignment at $7499.99 CAD. Here are a few pictures I took that day and a short video of it playing:

View attachment 50659
View attachment 50661
View attachment 50663

Nando.
That's the one on the IA website, Nando. It was lovely to look at. $7500 was pricey for me but I can see the appeal to rarity if you're a serious, well-heeled collector. Still, I wonder if this guy in the OP's link bought it from Gordon and is trying to flip it. Or maybe it didn't sell so he's trying his luck at double the price on fleabay? There can't be too many of these things running around British Columbia...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Bob: You'd be surprised at the number of fairly rare vintage audio components which come through Innovative Audio. There was a run of Pioneer SX-1980 receivers from 2014 (when I bought mine at IA) until about a 1 1/2 years ago. I've seen a couple of the big Sansui G-33000 receivers come through the store and one was being sold for $14 K CAD four years ago.

Nando.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
That seems like a place that should have some of the bigger gear of the day. The Alaska pipeline was being built about that time and money was flowing and the gear was available. The longer weather in the northern US and Canada leaves a lot more indoor time to enjoy a nice rig. IA being in a large metro area also leads to finding gems in their inventory on a regular basis.