Thinking about a Klipsch Belle clone build

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I downloaded a set of plans for the Klipsch Belle's and I have always loved them. So, I think I may take on this project later this summer. They MAY take the place of my CornScala's. I'll have to see if I can round up the drivers/tweets/woofs although I think I'll use those items from Bob Crites. I'll use the same 15" woofer and the tweeter that are in the Cornscala's, not sure about the horn/Driver. I used the JBL D-405's with 2" throats and I do like them (Not the price though). The Belle's will feature a removable top portion where the Tweet and squaker reside.... I had contemplated a 2 way instead of the 3 way but I like 3 way speakers. I'll read around to figure out what I'll use for crossovers. Either the Crites or ALK if I can afford ALK's...

All topped off with something special when I do the veneer......... Not sure what yet I used rosewood for the CS's but will do something on the lighter side this time...... Maybe just beat them with a logging chain and clear them (that's how you build a set and they get stuck in the garage because the ol lady thinks they are fugly)...... Any ideas???

I'd like to leave the front open like this and recess the tweeter and driver kinda like an open baffle speaker but better looking.

Photo is compliments off the net....

Belle Re-veneer.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Started pricing the hardware... Ouch

Woofers $370 pair
Tweets $200 pair
Squawkers with Horns $575 pair
Crossovers ($400 from Crites, $1350 from ALK)

So $1500-$2500 for just the hardware, yup, better go get a lottery ticket

Wood, and veneer $600

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it