The Travels of Ed

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Talked to Ed awhile ago, seems he spent the day with Dave Ladely, watching Bob Carver fly control line combat aircraft. Got to talk to Dave and he has some interesting stories of LIVING with Bob Carver BEFORE PL, while still running around Seattle fixing TV's. I invited him to join and relay somne of those stories....perhaps he will....

Here's a link to a website devoted to that meet. http://flyinglines.org Bob is the bald guy and way good....pretty intense look on that guys face....

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Talked to Ed awhile ago, seems he spent the day with Dave Ladely, watching Bob Carver fly control line combat aircraft. Got to talk to Dave and he has some interesting stories of LIVING with Bob Carver BEFORE PL, while still running around Seattle fixing TV's. I invited him to join and relay somne of those stories....perhaps he will....

Here's a link to a website devoted to that meet. http://flyinglines.org Bob is the bald guy and way good....pretty intense look on that guys face....
I never would have guessed he was into that. Will have to give him a run with my Flite Streak :)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I'll be damned. I use to fly ukie when I was 12 years old. Had a K& B 40 on a VooDoo combat rig....Then my Dad built a Heathkit 5 channel radio, and I went into R/C. Years ago you sent a pic of the lab and on some pegboard on the wall I noticed some DuBro low bounce wheels....dead give away...

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I have many fond memories of my Dad pancaking a Cox Miss America into a bazillion pieces on the Mayfield HS parking lot. Must have bought me 5 or 6 of then and they all lasted maybe an hour each. I still have a bigger engine and some parts kicking around from an old project

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Bob Carver photos from 2015 Bladder Grabber

Follow the link below to see some photos of Bob at the 2015 Bladder Grabber. Bob lost in the championship match to the national champion Ron Colombo. I believe this was Bob's highest finish ever (finishing in second place). There is also a photo of Bob sitting next to Norm McFadden who was also a former Phase Linear employee.

http://flyinglines.org/BG.2015.html

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Dang! The more I read, the more I feel at home! I have tubs of Fox, McCoy, Veco, K&B engines & piles of unbuilt balsa kits. I have most every early issue of Model airplane news mags in Mint condition. The cover graphics in the 30's & 40's are amazing.
Now that I have the property to fly at home, I'm too crippled to do it.
Someday Ebay I guess... I just find it hard to give up the things I love.

I hope there are no Gold Prospector/ Miners here or I'll probably faint!