The Sumo Electra Plus preamp review

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
No DC protect on the 1801. Have had one blow in the night from leaving the amp on. No longer leave my current 1801 running. After prolonged periods the illuminated panel lights get dim. Fortunately it has the option to shut the meters, LED's, or both off. Prior to the first meltdown, we always left the amps on.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
When I used the Marantz 2270 as a pre amp, I had to turn it off because the lamps on the receiver would burn out. Man, I loved the sound of that Marantz :happy2:, the three martini sound was no joke, colored as it was, just a lovely, warm, give your nipples a squeeze kinda sound.

Yes, I've grown up, and like a much cleaner sound, and don't play with my nipples as often as I'd like :angry8:

What am I talkin' 'bout? Hell if I know... enjoy peeps! :happy3:

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Stuwee that fan setup I have is 14cm/12 volt computer fans run from a fan controller that is designed for a PC, so I had to purchase a PC power supply with a 5v/12v molex connector to run it.

I gotta run to work. Congrats on your Pre bud.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I got the fans and PC power supplies coming out of the ying yang. More than I need, and mostly 20-pin PSUs, outdated stuff.

I'm lucky in that respect...on the other hand I've had two power strips go out on me in the last week so my living room system is sitting quiet at the moment.