The making of a blank cassette

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I was going to do this. I was all set UNTIL.
These are what you need to just start and their price.
Tapeloader-3000.00 - used
Printer- 1000.00 used
Vacuum Pump- 2000.00 - new
platemaker- 10,000.00 - new
pancake of tape - 16.00
1 shell- 0.156

I don't know about the ink yet or other assorted supplies. So we are looking at at least 16,000.00 before one cassette is loaded. Would have to make a lot of cassettes to get even. There are a lot of loaders out there who do it.

If you don't make the plates. It is 25.00 for one piece of art work. The pancake was tape someone wants to get rid of. The shells are the price to buy 100. If I import them the minimum to buy from China is 220,000. The tape I don't know yet.

Just to start. Is alot of money. Loading a shell isn't easy. It takes about a month to learn how to do it right.

Thanks
Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Well, YEAH, Larry but they sorta have machines to load cassettes, right? Sometimes just getting the end to go back in the cantankerous little snap-in doohickie when you are saving a broken tape can be a fab little kick in the tush!

Not for the average doofus like MOI. I do it anyway and curse.

speakerman1

Tagline
Yes they have tapeloaders. 1 mess up is 17,500' of tape on the floor. And you are going to mess up learning how. So we may go another route at 1st. I'm still thinking.
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
stuwee said:
Cool-0-mundo info Larry, maybe a Youtube vid is in order? :p

I think we will go with the printing 1st. I already have an order for some printing. So we shall see. Right now alot of things in the works. We shall see what happens. Just to start printing is over 1000.00 easy.
Larry