The Denon DVD 1920 player

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Hi back at ya's! The Onix went poop last year, I had a p o crap RCA DVD player for music duty last year when Lee and Jani came out, that died last November. I did some research on cheap players and the Denon came up over and over! 24 bit Burr-Brown DAC (made in Tucson btw), 196K upsamp.

I have to say, it is 'da bomb'!! :laughing6:

I only use it for audio and it slays anything I've heard before, it plays DVD-A, SACD's which I don't have, man, it sings on normal redbook CD's, CD-R's, on the AKG 701's, Lordie :toothy10:. Just when I thought the 701's couldn't open up anymore...More air than I've heard around those things that make sound...and don't get me started on vocals, Pfft!!

I know many other very nice units out there would make me feel/hear the same, but for $80 shipped?? I do tend to ramble on, I guess when Lee and Jani's Golden Ear's hear it on the 'Summits we shall see.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I use my computer.

Nice to see you, Craig.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I have the Denon DVD-1910 in my shop system - picked it up for about thirty bucks at the For Your Ears Only sale in Lawrence, Kansas. Nice unit, and my only gripe is that track numbers only appear for a few seconds at the beginnings of songs.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Thank you for the review Craig. I have some 1500's in my Ebay cart, based on internet reviews. I'll go look at the 1920 now.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Thank you for the review Craig. I have some 1500's in my Ebay cart, based on internet reviews. I'll go look at the 1920 now.
Brad, I don't know what 1500's are going for, a 1920 with remote set me back $79 shipped from IN. There are some going for much cheaper, I did research it, it has the best kit for the price, that 24 bit Burr-Brown DAC chip is amazing, only the best get rights to use them. and I will say it is amazing with the Summits and my AKG 701 cans, high praise indeedy :laughing6:

Would I lie to ya buddy??