Technics 1200 MKII

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
More Stanton 500 stuff

I bought two Stanton headshells from Larry, one with the 500 and needing a needle.

I lost one of the little black plastic spacers around the desk and I haven't used the vacuum cleaner until the other day, sweeping with a broom and dustpan. I assume that you need those. If the other had them I don't want to take one as I will be using it.

What to do? I'd love to get a needle (likely an elliptical based on my experience with EMPIRES)

I also have a Pickering V15 AT3 I got brand new on eBay once and have used some.

I have more carts than turntables and can spare some if you aren't wanting a GRADO. I have a Technics and a Sony PS-T25 I want to finish as well and I need parts.

We should have a Phono Clinic forum, as into them as we are.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
My son has a pair of SL-1200`s in which he uses the Shure M-44H cartridge. With him being a DJ for over 13 years, he has needed a cartridge that can take all that he dishes out while maintaining extremely low record wear and exceptional tracking, yet still throwing out a great sound. For around $100 you get an M44H with a Technics head shell for plug-and-play or pay half the price for just a cartridge. He has used numerous cartridges that do not handle the sound or the durability such as the Shure cartridge. No need to spend money on others when the M44H surpasses all, while keeping the music skip-free with little to no wear to your vinyl.

Nando.