Tascam 32 anyone?

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
1/4” half track deck. 7.5 and 15 IPM speed.

Bought from the original owner (his broker- he was dead) so feel good to know it was sold over his dead body.

I recently function tested it but did not try okay or record. I have to dig out tape for that, and just getting the damn deck out if the box was a hernia inducing experience.

It has been boxed idle for about five years, so a full check up and colonoscopy is needed. Plus calibration to whatever tape you plan to use. It was last done for Quantegy 456.

Let me know if interested. 584B8CA5-0CC0-4FF4-B7B8-8BD63439C652.jpeg 3FD9B9AA-21AC-4E5B-9B72-E4CEAFC03492.jpeg F0CBA85D-378A-45AC-9F2D-A8874423B8B6.jpeg B57B21B3-D5E0-4D0B-BDBF-EC643BBD6555.jpeg 2A341C7E-81E0-42F2-B70E-E77B762CC441.jpeg 51869AC2-AE5B-465F-870E-4387EE514F23.jpeg

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I don't know.

I'll entertain trade offers but really don't "need" anything. Although this sickness is never driven by need is it?

What are you thinking?

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Are you close to Coventry? I see you mention Perreaux in your sigline, what do you have? I use a SA3 Dual Mono preamp

I am sure this deck is above my affordability but if your into minty records or looking for misc stuff, LMK/ I also have two very rare Tyco/Mantua Civil War HO train sets from the year I was born. They are the Blue (Union) and Grey (Confederate) sets boxed complete with cannons for the cannon car

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I'm in the New Haven area but work in West Hartford.

I have an SA6 preamp. Awesome in every way but appearance... 321.JPG

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
WOW, that face looks like a bumper on a '57 Chevy almost!! I have not seen any new Perreaux gear, only the 80s stuff. Their preamps are topnotch and the phono section is still one of the best period

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yeah, looks like an alien design... Fully balanced (inside) and fully class-A operation. It has single ended inputs (maybe one balanced?) and single ended as well as balanced out. I run balanced out to the SA-220's so they are mono amps- I run the "hot" to one channel and the "cold" to the other. Mike Elliot told me that trick. Double the output at the same distortion, rather than bridge to higher that double the output and higher distortion.

The SA6 has no phono pre inside. I guess it's 90's vintage. I got it used, with the original packaging etc. It has a remote as well, which is nice.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Home brew.

3/4” white oak shelves lag bolted to aluminum 1x1 tube from Home Depot. Hole covers and tube end plugs from HD as well.

BUT, the Counterpoint is so front-heavy it pulls the rack over, so there’s a big chunk of fir (painted black) under the bottom shelf so it doesn’t fall forward.

There are two tubes like that on the other side and the back. On the back, I run power along one, and signal along the other. Looks clean that way. I use the Velcro cable wraps to sort it out.

mlucitt

That Tascam 32 is serial number one. That should either increase or decrease the value, possibly the value would remain the same. After all, reel-to-reel is the most expensive way to play stereo music.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I always wondered about that.... if it actually IS the first one.

Regardless, take note of the cosmetics. Very clean unit.