Tascam 122 Mk III Gear C available

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
They might even do it to their own people but if they lose a few hundred thousand what's the harm we always have more. Maybe this mindset is being brought to the USA. The way it looks that we might be braking up into small factions and mine will not allow any politician in.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
A lot of Chinese ....steel wopund up in oilfield tubulars and pumping units, wayyyyyyyy inferior. The pumping units were soft, like butter and the pipe was VERY inconsistent...didn't last long and the shit was weeded out. The Koreans however DO make good pipe, as does Japan....when done to API spec...
Japanese make excellent steel. Not what the put in their cars though

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
HA who would want old house parts but I can tell you that the spigots that were on old houses that lasted 40 years were way ahead of the junk they make today that leaks and has all kinds of problems. I am getting ready to tell the plumber to put in a nuclear power station valve as they can not make junk for that I hope.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well I never got any feedback on the ones sold on E bay about these injection molded gears. I just the other day put in another $1000 order and so I have almost run out. Just a few here for my own service needs.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
It may be good but too much will take it's toll on us old timers. Monday I meet with another new trainee. We will see how that goes. My gears are on the way and I hope the $1000 worth lasts a while but I have orders for them already.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well time has gone by and the last $1000 order is getting thin now. What makes it worse is I don't have the money to order another $1000 worth.
One of my trainee that is local is tooling up his bench and we should get some result from this guy as he is gun ho for doing work- a lot of them are until they find out what it involves. I won't mention names but a well known Technician is now back doing deck full time as he left a while to do another business. This of course will benefit Nakamichi owners the most but he also works on others. He doe snot like Luxman or BIC now I hear.
I am hopeful that the guy trying to make tape guides for cassette deck can do so with 3D printing but some just do not know how hard it is to accomplish.