Tantalum film resistors?

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I've never used tant resistors before, tant caps yes, resistors no idea. Everything has tradeoffs. Foil resistors are very delicate and relatively expensive. Very few applications require that type of precision over a temperature range. Btw Vishay is a well respected company, often used as a good source for parts.

If you want to find good parts, use a good distributor. My first choice is usually Arrow:

https://www.arrow.com/en/categories/resistors/fixed-resistors/resistor-fixed-single-through-hole

THD+N

Journeyman
How incredibly awesome is the sound improvement, when using ten dollar apiece resistors? ( Now half off at only five bucks)
The sound improvement will probably not be as incredible as you might think. Certainly not worth $5. If 100 people answered your question, you would get 100 different answers.

My advice is to not get sucked into that audiophool universe. Just use good quality parts and your projects will turn out great. I use Vishay CMF60 type resistors and I think they are great.

What wattage are you looking at?

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
A lot of stuff is snake oil and then there are really good components for laboratory use. The problem for a lot of people that are not engineers is that they will focus
on one part in a circuit and neglect all the rest. If you are going to do changes to a good piece of equipment you need to be like Rupert Neve in his design method.
There is no sense using hyper precision audio grade resistors in a circuit with a $.35 op amp and regular 5% resistors as well. When you examine things from all angles, it is best to use such parts to design an amplifier or preamp section from scratch and you may end up with a very expensive device that does about the same thing as what was commercially available. Usually the cost/ results ratio goes way up in fighting for those last few percent of perfection.