Spring cleaning...

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Send me a message or reply here about anything. I'm going to add stuff as I find it/decide it's going away... Make offers/trades whatever.

0-12V regulated power supply- seems to work fine and checked out against my Fluke 10 POS meter. Confirmed- it goes to 25 volts.

D01132B7-210C-4261-B5A0-2AFA62D06D8E.jpeg

Several 7" plastic reels of Ampex 641. Recorded. Not sticky or anything. Old radio shows I think, in cardboard outer boxes. I have like 10 I think.

IMG_8770.JPG

Two 7" reels of Scotch something Sealed/NOS- might hang on to this... For the Kenwood open reel...

Alesis ML-9600 Masterlink SOLD...

8 Maxell UR90s sealed/new (also one new C30 "Communicator series" which I grabbed as I heard these are good shells)

Tascam 32 which has been fully tested up to, but excluding playback and record with tape ("Ran when I parked it"). Low serial number (001) so that's cool too. MINT cosmetics (purchased through a broker from the deceased surgeon who bought it new), meter lights work, LEDs work low hours etc. I could spool some tape and use cans to test further but no mics and it's not easy to set up for line level (unless I get my D5 back before it goes) Set up for Quantegy 456.

515E9F67-7D53-469C-9BCF-5FC385583C91.jpeg A53835E2-B932-4BA0-8DC7-99619D714DF4.jpeg

Found a couple old capacitors today. Both USA made. I can’t test them other than with a basic resistance test which is useless.

B7D23869-ED28-43C0-A3DB-A60DAC289B6B.jpeg

I'll add more later, unless I can't edit later, in which case I'll add a new post in this thread.

Last edited:

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Ampex reel tape sold.

Other stuff still available and I also am selling:

Tascam 122 Mk. III that Sam overhauled (including new op amps) the end of last year... Works 100% perfectly

Kenwood KX-1030 Cassette Deck. Mechanical overhaul (including switch cleaning and knob ultrasonic cleaning) by me; electrical and speed done by ESL. ESL also installed a new pinch roller (NOS Kenwood part). NOTE the Dolby chip has leg corrosion which seems to be the cause of an unusual noise only when recording. Playback is fine- probably better than when new...

I'm interested in a nice Panasonic portable as possible trade bait...

J!m

Tagline
BOT
The 122 repair was $360. I turned down a $475 offer...

And only one is for sale- deck 1 in my other photos. Cosmetics are good but it does have marks from being rack mounted (it’s a tool; not a toy) I want it to go to someone who appreciates it, and Sam’s work.

(Sam’s note on the overhaul):

“Repair on the Bench of the following: Tascam 122 Mk III with motor issue and needing calibration and 4066 mod and mute transistor mods. The capstan motor was recapped. The motor bearing oiled. The speed was set to 3005Hz and the wow and flutter was measured at .04%
The head was polished with Nu Finish. The alignment was done and azimuth corrected. The Pinch Roller was reconditioned previous to this. The Mechanical system was cleaned and regreased. The reel tables were lubricated. The deck was calibrated for TDK D, TDK SA and TDK MA. The calibration was check with TDK SA at end of work to make sure levels were consistent. A new tape was used.
The 4066 IC on the main PCB were replaced by sockets and MAX4066 ICs. The diode addition of the mute circuit was accomplished. The Main board had resoldering done to it to correct the weak joints.
The fast wind Idler system was serviced and found making some noise so another tire was installed and some oiling of the motor and shaft in the plastic holder. A C-110 was would both sides to make sure it all worked”

J!m

Tagline
BOT
TASCAM 32 is sold, to a buyer local in CT. I will be handing it over in the coming days.