Something's Gonna Happen

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Something really cool is in the works for reel to reel. And I've been asked to be a part of it. Fans of the format will be ecstatic if and when this comes to pass.

If all goes according to plan, stay tuned for something really neat to come this fall.

That is all I am of liberty to say at the moment. And even that may be jumping the gun prematurely. But when I was approached and told what it is and what my role in it might be, I have to get something off my chest. This is something I've wanted, championed for, campaigned for, fought for, and advocated for a long time now. And it looks like it may be at last coming to fruition.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Something really cool is in the works for reel to reel. And I've been asked to be a part of it. Fans of the format will be ecstatic if and when this comes to pass.

If all goes according to plan, stay tuned for something really neat to come this fall.

That is all I am of liberty to say at the moment. And even that may be jumping the gun prematurely. But when I was approached and told what it is and what my role in it might be, I have to get something off my chest. This is something I've wanted, championed for, campaigned for, fought for, and advocated for a long time now. And it looks like it may be at last coming to fruition.
I hope it happens for you Des

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Whatever it is, I cant wait to hear more about it when the time is right.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
hmmm Matt has been offered the position of Exec VP of Maxell's new RTR division? :wink:

I think we have finally reach our limit of happen or happened threads though. :toothy5:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Oh no. If this happens, this will be to the enjoyment of everyone who currently uses or intends to use reel to reel.

Though I will see it as a huge personal victory if and when it does.
Good luck with it Matt. Victory is sweet...

Lance Lawson

New Around These Parts
It can mean only one of 3 things. New decks are on the way, ATR has finally made a long play tape. or the real kicker...Maxell has re entered the RTR tape market. Should be interesting to follow!

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Well once again, someone stole what little element of excitement I have.

Thanks Lance for spilling the beans.

I'm done with all this. You think I'll get even an ounce of credit or recognition for this despite being the one that's been lobbying and pushing this-both openly and privately-for years now?

Now I know why people sometimes people finally lose it. And then everyone else pretends to be surprised and wonder why.

-smh

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Matt, if anyone has been following Tapeheads or you in particular for anytime at all, that wasn't a hard guess to make. As to whether you get any recognition, that wasn't your goal anyway, and I'm sure that once again , anyone following your saga, could only conclude that you have been a moving force behind whatever it is you are so excited about. Perhaps when we know for sure which one of those 3 things it is the rest of us can get excited too...

Lance Lawson

New Around These Parts
Since I've known about the ATR long play tape for about a year I assumed the big announcement was that Maxell had reconsidered or perhaps a new production deck.

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Jesus Christ. Some people are every bit as full of themselves as I get accused of being. I never said that "I was the only one responsible for this new development" the way two dipshits there love to spin it. Can someone....anyone...kindly point to where I made any such claim? All I said was that I was pushing for it and that I was approached to be a part of the testing and rollout following years of advocating it. That's a far cry from suggesting that it was me and me alone that was responsible. And I was also asked to keep the specifics confidential, which I did my part. All I said was that "a big announcement was coming". I never said what it was nor that I was the one responsible for it. Whether or not that veil has since been lifted or else Lance pre-emptively made the announcement I gave my word that I wouldn't (which speaks to the integrity I have that all of you go out of your way to try and deny exists), I of course cannot say.

But to some...the personal hatred for Yours Truly runs so deep. There is clearly a provable, in-earnest movement out there to deny that I even exist[ed]. People who want to re-write history don't just exist in the schools. They are right here among us too.

Says a lot about who THEY are.

Last edited:

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I have not yet asked for nor received an endorsement to reveal any specifics. But if you go to THe other site, and look for some recent posts he made, you will find your answers.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
SOMEBODY go, please...I ain't going. It would be nice to know, though.