Some thanks are due to Lee Laatsch and Louis3

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
First, to Louis3 for the DavidLouis single driver speaker systems he gifted me a few months ago (you've all seen the pix) and that I've cleaned up a bit and have been listening to with my LSA monitors and bi-amp system. They do very much get the music out of the box and in a small footprint. Louis has been a friend and was a friendly competitor before I shifted to promoting concerts from photography and I'm deeply in his debt.

Second, to Lee, who gifted me one of his stash of Ashly crossovers. It arrived yesterday and I've been playing with it since. The ability to cut signal to the LSA mid-woofs does really make a difference even as I thought the LSA/single driver combo sounded much better than just the bi-amped LSAs. I hope to play with one of Louis' Dahlquist crossovers as well but Lee's Ashly has convinced me of the improvements possible with multi-amp systems. Even with just a bi-amp setup. So many thanks, Lee.

Scholars and gentlemen, both of you! There aren't many of us left. ;)

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I think Ashly is one of the best kept secrets in audio. Generally pro audio- a lot of it used on stage for decades- but good quality, reasonable price and reasonable noise.