Sold Sold Sold! Shure V15 type III and type IV and styli for sale

Sold! this just made my day, and I’m really happy for the person that got these more than I’m happy for myself!

For sale;

Shure V15 Type III Cartridge body;

1 Original Supertrackerplus stylus which came in a Pfanstiehl package marked “genuine Shure” this one has approximately 50 hours on it. How good is this stylus? Although it’s reputation speaks for itself, this is one amazing sounding cartridge and stylus combination. In my opinion it rivals any hyper elliptical stylus and some micro ridge. Warm, engaging and just jaw dropping sound.

2 I also have an original VN35MR low hours, approximately 125-175 hours (possibly on the lower end of that) yes this is the rare microridge for the type III and in perfect condition. I bought these from trusted sellers, one of whom purchases entire audio collections from defunct businesses. This one sounds absolutely stunning, and is on the type III which is mounted on an ADC magnesium headshell in the picture.

Shure V15 type IV cartridge body.

This is in the picture, and I was using it on my Denon turntable once in awhile, so the headshell is not included with this.

1 Jico SAS/B stylus with approximately 160 hours on it and this is one great sounding set up.

2 There are two original Walco styli for the type IV also one has approximately 150 hours on it, the other one is brand new it just has the brush removed, and that’s the way I’m selling it. There’s nothing wrong with the brush I was going to mount it without the brush and I decided not to and just never put it back on. That’s the one in the original Walco package that you see in the picture. These are elliptical, not hyper elliptical, but I’m telling you they sound absolutely amazing on this cartridge, and it’s hard not to use these for daily drivers. In my opinion they rival some of the best ellipticals made. Made in Japan and from the info I can gather probably made by Jico back 40 years ago. Wire tie and all.

3 There is a brand new Pickering DATE 3 with brush never mounted on a cartridge, and I only opened it up to check the suspension which is fine. This will fit the Stanton 500 cartridge, or the Pickering V 15.

4 There is also another ADC magnesium headshell in perfect shape that I’m going to let go with this package also.

Why am I selling? I’ve downsized everything in my collection, and it’s time to let somebody else enjoy these instead of them just sitting on a shelf here. For as long as I have owned them and as far as I know they’ve always been from the northeast part of the United States, and I think that’s important because of the humidity here. Never subject to intense heat to dry out the suspensions, and all will exceed expectations. I’m keeping a Shure V15 V body and two stylus, one original and one Jico SAS/B for my Denon table. It was a hard choice over which one to keep, and if I didn’t have an original low hours MR stylus for the V I probably would’ve kept them.

I am hoping to sell everything together, and would rather not separate if I didn’t have to.

$450 firm plus shipping to US only. I feel that leaves enough meat on the bone if someone wants to flip them, and I sold a Nakamichi tape deck about 20 months ago here on Phoenix.

Attachments

Last edited: